58

Tw: Minor character death

After waiting for a response on getting the search warrant, their plea was finally accepted.

With that, Officer Baldwin and Officer Clark drove to the address they found for Sadie's house.

As soon as they got there, the two officers pulled out their badges and started knocking at the door.

A solid three minutes passed before a frazzled older lady opened the door.

"I don't want to buy-" She looked up to see the officers. "Oh, come in."

"Ma'am, does Sadie Young live here?"

"Y-yes, she does, but the thing is that she ran off, and I don't know where she went, but her car is gone."

"We will address that when we finish, but we have a warrant to go through her computer, can you show us where it is?"

"Oh, follow me."

Mrs. Young plugged Sadie's computer in, waiting for it to boot up.

"Ma'am, do you happen to have your daughter's license plate number?"

The woman turned towards a cabinet, searching through a stack of papers before pulling one out.

"Here, just write it down."

Officer Clark pulled out a notepad, copying the information down.

The computer made a noise to alert them that it turned on, so they sat down and went to work.

Before she left, Mrs. Young sweetly asked, "Do either of you want water or anything?"

Officer Baldwin nodded her head, and Mrs. Young left the room.

The two officers finally found the file and started listening to the footage.

They heard footsteps behind them, so Officer Baldwin said, "Just put it beside me."

Nothing happened for a moment.

Then, a loud bang was heard and the desk was sprayed with blood.

Officer Baldwin didn't hesitate before pulling the gun out and aiming at the center mass of Mrs. Young. Then, she pulled the trigger, allowing for Mrs. Young to collapse.

Officer Baldwin turned to Officer Clark- who had a bullet lodged in his back and sat hunched over the back.

Officer Baldwin had to choke back a sob. She has witnessed a handful of deaths, but she considered Officer Clark her best friend.

Trying to stay professional, she called for backup and turned off the computer.

After listening to some of the footage, Officer Baldwin got the information she needed.

She couldn't stand being in that room any longer, so she walked into the living room and sat on the couch, waiting for help to arrive.

-

Jeremy had family stuff most of the time for the duration of Hanukkah, but he wouldn't have to the last few days.

He didn't really know why, but he was more than okay with it.

He was currently sitting at the dinner table, not paying attention to anything his family was saying, when he got a phone call.

Jeremy choked on his water when he saw that it was an unsaved number. "Uh- Can I take this?" Jeremy spoke quickly, holding his phone up as he spoke.

One by one the adults hesitantly started nodding, so Jeremy picked up the phone and headed outside.

"Hello?"

"Oh, is this Jeremy Heere?"

"Yeah, this is."

The person on the other line informed Jeremy that he worked for the local police department.

"We have good and bad news. The good news is: we got the warrant to search Sadie Young's computer. We do have bad news though. We found the files on her computer from the wire, but Sadie wasn't home and her mom hadn't seen her."

"Of course," Jeremy sighed. "Is that all?"

"No. Sadie's mom shot and killed an officer, so another officer shot her. She was pronounced dead at the scene."

Jeremy's already pale face drained of any color at the news.

"Maybe Sadie will find out somehow and return?"

"We can only hope. We got her license plate number and there are an array of cameras lining the highways throughout New Jersey. Let's hope we get a match."

"T-thank you." Jeremy had trouble processing the information he was given.

One thought pushed itself to the front of Jeremy's mind. "Two people died?"

At last, the call was ended and Jeremy dialed Michael's number.

"Hey Michael, I have bad news."

A/N: I don't like this chapter whoops.