Chapter 30

Mia's P.O.V

I stood up and went to the balcony, just staring up into the night sky, looking at the stars. Why do they have to come back and ruin everything just as my life was going perfectly fine? Why do they have to bring back the memories?
All of a sudden, I hear rustling behind me, it was Jonah, I turn back around, facing the stars.
I wanted so badly to just run and hug him, letting out all my feelings, he was like my older brother, always protecting me.

But now. I'm afraid.
"Jack told me and the boys the truth except for Daniel. I'm sorry you had to go through what you did. You didn't deserve it. I'm here for you. I'll always be your older brother." He said before leaving.
Then I heard more footsteps, I look behind and it was Zach and Corbyn, at this point I let the tears escape, they were my best friends.
"I'm sorry. There's nothing more we can say. Jack fucked up and you went through a hell of a lot" they said and left.

Then I heard footsteps again, I was a wreck at this point. I looked behind me, it was Taylor. She was devastated and she held her arms out. I ran to her and engulfed her in a hug. I missed her so fucking much. We just sobbed into each other's shoulders.

"You need to come back. Ashley is such a bitch" she said making us both laugh,
"I've missed you so much Tay" I said, "I missed you so fucking much" she said.
Taylor was gonna be my best friend no matter what. She always understands me. I walked back in with her as we sat back down in the lounge joining the rest. Daniel and Jack looked distraught, they were crying.

Daniel's P.O.V

What the fuck is wrong with me? How did I manage to leave her when she needed me the most? I might be the father of Katie!  How did I fuck up this bad? I want Katie to be my daughter, not Jack's. God, what the fuck is wrong with me?! I'm dating Ashley! I hate Mia, but love her at the same time. Seeing her hurt kills me, especially when I'm the reason.

Jack's P.O.V

Great. I fucked up the life of the girl that I love, I lied then got her kicked out when she was pregnant. I deprived Katie of her father. I want to be her father so badly! But I can tell, Daniel still loves Mia, no matter how much he tries to distract himself with Ashley, we can all see it clearly.

Mia's P.O.V

"DNA test. Tommorow? Please?" Daniel asked his eyes meeting mine for the first time in 3 years. No. I'm losing myself in them again, I need to grab a hold of myself. He broke my heart. I nod and get up to go to bed. My loss, I got zero sleep that night, I was anxious for Tommorow...

Ashley's P.O.V

Daniel will not be the father, and I will make sure of it.

***the next day***

Mia's P.O.V

"Mummy?" I heard a soft angelic voice say and opened my eyes just as I was about to fall asleep.
I got up and went to the kitchen with Katie in my arms. Just my luck. Daniel was there.
I walk in not acknowledging his presence and begin making breakfast for Katie.
"Angel, you want cereal?" I asked, but she was sidetracked.

"Mummy?" She asked sweetly, I nod, "who is that?" She asked shyly gesturing towards Daniel. Daniel looked at me, his eyes meeting mine, I looked away before I got lost in them again.
"Um, that's Uncle Logan's friend" I said, I could tell that hurt him. Well, a shot for a shot.
"Hi I'm Katie, I'm 3 gonna be 4, my favourite colours red, I like singing and I like puppies" she said smiling, I chuckled at her cuteness.

"Hi, I'm Daniel,  I'm 21, My favourite colour is green, i like singing too and I like your smile" he said grinning revealing his adorable gap. No. What am I thinking? He put out his hand to shake hands but Katie hugged him instead. I was so focused on their conversation, I didn't realised I had burned my hand on the stove whilst trying to make breakfast for myself.

I let out a yelp and Daniel rushed to me worried, he held my hand worriedly,
"Oh my god, are you okay prince-" he stopped himself as his eyes met mine. No. I'm gonna get lost and it's gonna end badly. I avoid his eyes and pull away,
"I'm fine" I state quickly yet still in pain. Jake walks in and runs to my rescue. He bandages my hand up and makes breakfast.

I can tell he was hurt, I could feel his eyes on me, I had to avoid his eyes. After we ate I got Katie ready and I got changed into this:

I then left my hair in its natural beach wave state and did my makeup and walked with Katie back to the lounge

I then left my hair in its natural beach wave state and did my makeup and walked with Katie back to the lounge. Jake picked up Katie and held my hand as all of us walked to the new and larger Team 10 van.
It was a long, awkward ride to the hospital and when we finally arrived I thanked god. We checked in and waited for the results as Katie and Jack And Daniel each gave a sample of their DNA. Katie was confused and was asking a lot of questions like the curious little cheeky and mischievous yet cute 3 year old she is.

It was even more awkward when we were waiting, until finally the doctor emerged from the room, with a clipboard in his hand, he peered down over his glasses,

"The biological father of Miss Katie Carters is...