Chapter 33

Mia's P.O.V

I knew that hurt him, but it hurt me too. Of course I still love Daniel, but I'm afraid I'll get hurt again, I don't want to go through what I once did. I made my way to Katie in the lounge to see that they were picking a movie to watch. I joined them as Daniel walked in after a while. It was subtle, but I can tell he'd been crying.

We decided to watch Alvin and the chipmunks and we sat down with Katie in the middle of me and Daniel. Halfway through the movie Katie was really tired considering it was getting around her bedtime and said she wanted to sleep.
"Um, you can take the guest bedroom" Daniel said, I nodded and carried Katie over to the bedroom.

I had to sing her to sleep every night or she couldn't sleep, until finally, she fell asleep. But slowly, so did I.

Daniel's P.O.V

I could hear Mia singing Katie to sleep, she's always had the voice of an angel. She's so afraid to love now, and it's all because of me. She can't even bear to look at me. I fucked up big time, I wanna take back every word I said that day.
The words that broke Mia.

Mia's P.O.V

He puts his arms round my waist and I put mine round his neck. As the music progresses and we are slowly drowning in each other's eyes, we begin moving closer until we are inches apart and I can feel his breath on my neck. I look down at his lips as they meet, no matter what. The fireworks won't ever go away. He slides his tongue through, asking for permission, I deny it, but he wins and smirks.

I bolt awake. Oh god these flashbacks need to stop, all they do is remind me of how much I love Daniel. I get out of bed, being careful not to wake up Katie to see that the time is 3am and it's still dark so I can't see a thing. I manage to find my way downstairs and to the kitchen to drink some water.

I hear rustling and I can't see a thing and suddenly, I slip on the kitchen tiles and someone luckily catches me, I look up, Daniel...

-Flashback-

I thought I was going to slip and break my skull but I guess god blessed me with a hero as Daniel comes and catches me.
We stay in that position for a moment. Lost in each other's eyes. His deep blue ocean eyes, revealing secrets about him just looking at them.

-End of flashback-

I stop myself before I get lost and let go, I quickly drink water and go back upstairs before taking a glance at his heartbroken face.
I didn't like seeing him hurt, but I didn't wanna be hurt either.

I couldn't go to sleep, so I decided to get up after a while considering Katie had already woken up. I couldn't take my mind off Daniel, then I realised, I need to do something I should've done a long time ago, I can't go on like this.
I grabbed my keys and left Katie with Jonah,
Just as I was about to leave, a voice emerged,

"Where are you going?" Daniel asked,
"I'm going to do something that should've been done a long time ago" I said, not turning around.
I got in the car and drove back to the Team 10 house, my mind racing, what am I doing?

I entered the house and went up to mine and Jake's room, I saw him with Erika on top of him making out. But, for some reason, I wasn't hurt. This is what I came to do.
He looked guilty when he saw me and removed Erika off him.
"Mia, I can-" he starts but I cut him off.

"No, Jake, this is what I came here to do" I then gestured at Erika to leave so I could talk to him, I sat down beside him.
"Jake, I don't know how to thank you for the things you've done for me, you've supported me and stuck by my side no matter what, and you've always been there for Katie and I love you for that, you are amazing, but I think it's time we see different people, and it's about time I leave Team 10, I will miss you guys and you will always be mine and Katie's family" I explain to which he agrees.

We decide once I get a place to stay, he'll send all of mine and Katie's belongings over and also, Katie will stay with him every Wednesday and Thursday. I give him one last hug goodbye before finally parting ways, I drive back to the wdw house as Daniel had promised Katie we'd go to this froyo place and I didn't wanna let her down.

Once I stepped in, I didn't even realise I had been crying. It's just that Jake had always been there for me, he may come off as arrogant but, he's amazing, he stuck with me when no one else did. He gave Katie the unconditional love that Daniel didn't, he played the father figure.

"Bub what's wrong" Jonah said as he engulfed me in a hug,
"Me and Jake broke up" I said, smiling through tears, I saw Daniel in the corner, who looked worried yet happy.
"Are you happy?" Zach asked,
"Yeah, but, for the past 3 years, Jake was the one that supported me through thick and thin, the one that played the father figure" I said.

Katie emerged from the kitchen,
"Mummy, why aren't we going home?" She asked almost crying, I bent down to her,
"Angel, we are going to look for a place to stay okay? You're gonna stay with Dad on Wednesdays and Thursdays" I explained,
"He's not my dad is he?" She shook her head, oh lord, how can a three year old be this smart?

I hesitated, not wanting to break her fragile little heart,
"No" I shook my head, "he is" I pointed at Daniel.
"I wanna go home, I want daddy to pick me up and twirl me and tickle me and make me laugh and read me stories" she began sobbing and it broke my heart,
"Angel don't cry" I said before engulfing her in a hug and she sobbed into my arms.

"Katie, I promise you, I will be the best dad ever, I will never let you be upset, I will always make you laugh and smile, everyday, forever" Daniel said coming forward and bending down to Katie's height.

She halted her tears for a moment,
"Promise?" She said holding out her pinky,
"Promise" Daniel replied wrapping his large pinky around her small fragile one. She then hugged him as he wrapped his arms around her and picked her up.

"Where are you gonna stay?" Jack asked,
"Um, tonight I'm gonna check into a hotel until I find a place to stay" I said considering I had only brought one suitcase of belongings of mine and Katie's to run for a couple of nights.
"Stay here" they all said simultaneously.
"No, I can't" I said refusing,

"Cmon, please, you're not a stranger, you're family" Corbyn said, I hesitated for a moment before agreeing then calling Jake to send our belongings here.
I got Katie ready and got ready:

When I came out, I saw Daniel trying to do Katie's hair, and Katie giggling at his rather failed attemptsI began laughing then Daniel grinned revealing that adorable gap

I began laughing then Daniel grinned revealing that adorable gap. Oh no. No no no. I can't be around him and not fall in love even more.

I can't lose myself again.