Chapter 24

Daniel's P.O.V

I wake up with my phone ringing loudly, I get up and walk outside so I don't wake up Mia, since I already know who it is. I press the green button and put the phone to my ear after checking the time to see it's 5am.

Logan: Bro, I'm boarding the plane, I bought Jake with me, he wants to meet her.

Daniel: That's cool bro, call me me when you land, have a safe flight.

Logan: cool, I gotta go bye.

Daniel: Bye.

I wake up the others to make the birthday breakfast for Mia, while I make a couple more phone calls.
Soon it is around 7am and we go to Mia with her birthday cupcake, the real cake was coming later.
"Happy Birthday to You" we all chorus as she opens her eyes and realises what's happening and sits up,
"Happy birthday, to you, happy birthday to Mia" we chorus. "Happy birthday toooo youuuu!" I stretch the last one in a long high note. I look at Mia, she has the biggest grin plastered over her face as she blows out the candle on the cupcake and eats it.

We then lead her to the kitchen where her birthday breakfast was which was made by Taylor and the guys, there was a huge stack of confetti waffles with berries and there was fried eggs and sausages and bacon and beans and orange juice, there was also avocado toast and there was a happy birthday card and notes from them.
Mia looked at it in awe and turned around, there were tears welled up and she engulfed us all in a group hug.
"Thank you guys so so so so so so much. I can't explain how grateful I am. I love you guys" she said grinning then enjoying her birthday breakfast. Seeing her happy made me happy.

Mia's P.O.V

Honestly, I am so grateful to have best friends like these, I love them so much. After eating my delicious and surprisingly unburnt breakfast that I surprisingly didn't choke on Birthday breakfast. What? I have my doubts. Cmon, Taylor and Jack cooking? Let alone separately, together? In the same house? I'm surprised we didn't all die today. I think it was Corbyn and Jonah that controlled them. Anyways, I went
to take a shower then get changed still with the biggest grin plastered on my face. I changed into this:

I then did very light makeup and curled my hair then went back to join the rest

I then did very light makeup and curled my hair then went back to join the rest. As soon as I entered the room they immediately stopped talking whatever they were talking about. Suspicious much? Mhmmm...oh well. I let it slide and continued like normal. After a while, things really started getting suspicious as Jonah had just got off the phone and the boys all looked at me and Taylor then rushed me with her to the secret beach. What's going on?

We stayed at the beach for hours. Don't get me wrong. It was really fun. But, it was so weird how they were acting. Finally just as the sun was beginning to start setting, we finally went back to the house after Taylor frantically kept looking back at her watch.
"Why are you guys acting all weird today?" I asked.
"Uh-no reason" she said quickly, a little too quickly, I nodded my head yet still suspicious as we approached the house. Huh. The lights were turned off. What's going on?

"Guys?" I said as I entered the darkness. All of a sudden, a bunch of colourful party lights exploded into the darkness and a bunch of different voices casted out, "SURPRISE!" and out came the boys, Logan, Jake Paul and my parents. Wait what?! MY PARENTS!

I ran into my mum and dad's arms as they began crying and so did I.
"I'm so sorry sweetie that we can never be here for you, happy 18th birthday, you've grown up so fast!" My dad says crying.
"Honey, we are so sorry, luckily you've got amazing best friends and an absolutely fantastic boyfriend who look after you and care for you" my mum says crying.
I begin crying, "I've missed you guys so much!" I say in their arms.

After releasing from the hug, I go to Logan and jump onto him, "LOGANNNN!" I yell, "MIAAAA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"he yells back.
We do this little handshake that we made and catch up, after that I go to meet Jake who I've never met before.
"Hi" I smile and wave, he looks me up and down biting his lip then snaps out of it when he realises that I began to notice. "Oh um, hi, happy birthday" he says then pulls me into a hug, a little too tight and a little too close, I feel him slip something into my pocket. He turns and winks before leaving to join Logan and the boys. I reach into my pocket confused and pull out a small slip of paper. It was his number. Wow. What an idiot.

I roll my eyes and add it, I figured I might as well, but trust me, I was never gonna text him, only in case of an emergency.
Everyone began giving me their presents to me, even though I tried to deny every single one of them. Corbyn got me a makeup set that Christina recommended, Jack got me a Calvin Klein perfume set. Logan and Jake got me a beats pill and headphones, Jonah got me a new camera for YouTube, Zach got me a new MacBook Pro laptop and Taylor got me a diamond magnetic best friends necklace that was in two pieces. One for her and one for me and my parents got me two plane tickets to London for me and Daniel because I've always wanted to go ever since I was child. I cried at every single one. Sue me. I'm a grateful little crybaby.

All of a sudden music starts playing and a white spotlight comes onto Daniel who walks towards me with a guitar. Oh my god. He's actually serenading me. He begins singing just to see you smile but in a relaxed version. At this point, there's tears, I can't help it, I love him so much, I love all of them so much, only god knows what I did to be blessed with these amazing people in my life.

After he finished singing, he gave his guitar to Jack and went down on one knee.
"Mia, since the day I met you, I knew you were something special, I fell in love with you, everything about you, you are drop dead gorgeous, I keep drowning in your eyes every single time I look at them. Not to mention your stunning personality, you are so funny and hilarious, you have a kind yet stubborn heart. Your smile. Your smile lights up my day, it lights up my world, you are my world. You are perfect. I love you Mia Carters. Happy 18th birthday princess" he says with love struck eyes. He then brings out the most beautiful promise ring I'd ever seen:

"For my one and only princess" he said and slid it on my ring finger

"For my one and only princess" he said and slid it on my ring finger. I covered my mouth in shock, it was beautiful. It was rose gold and shaped like a tiara.
I jumped into his arms as he spun me around, "I love you so much, thank you so so so much, I love you my prince" I said. Words can't describe how much I was grateful and how much I love him. We leaned in whilst i was still in his arms, our lips connected and the sound of everyone else cheering started fading away. It was just me and him. Against the world. Once we pulled away, all I could see were those ocean eyes.

I'm forever drowning.