Chapter 34

Mia's P.O.V

We waited for the uber to take us to the froyo place. I looked at Katie and Daniel, both of them were bouncing with excitement. I swear, they are copies of each other. Once the uber arrived, we got in and the driver took us to the froyo place,
"You are a very cute couple with a very adorable kid" he said smiling in the rear view mirror as we exited the uber, Daniel tried to catch my eyes but I looked down, my cheeks burning.

He drove off before I could tell him we aren't a couple. I just shook it off as we were ordering and sat down to eat.
"Look who's here" I said looking out the window to see Ashley about to walk in.
"Daniel baby? Why are you with this slut and slut jr?" She asked coming up to us,
"Bitch please, close your legs and control your whore-mones, your private parts are more like public parts" I remarked after making sure Daniel had covered Katie's ears.

Daniel then began laughing as she scoffed and left,
"Byeee, I'll be waiting for that bus to hit you!" I smiled and waved. How did Daniel ever date her?
Katie looked at us both confused then shrugged her shoulders and continued eating her fro-yo.  I grinned at her cuteness. I then realised Daniel had his head in his palm and he was staring at me in awe.

"What?" I asked looking down and tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.
"I missed that gorgeous smile" he said trying to catch my eyes but failing, I felt my cheeks getting hot then tried to cover it up.
"We should get going" I said. Daniel picked up Katie as we entered the uber that had just arrived.

Once we got home, I saw Jake with all of mine and Katie's belongings and Katie ran into his arms as soon as she saw him,
"My little princess!" Jake exclaimed giving Katie a bear hug,I then ran into his arms, engulfing him in a hug,
"Are you sure you wanna do this?"he asked concerned, I nodded, turning to face him.
"Ok, but just know, I will always be here if you need me" he said reassuringly, "I know" I replied before giving him one last hug and letting go.

I put the belongings away in the guest bedroom, well, now, mine and Katie's bedroom, I came across Katie's newborn baby pictures and smiled, going through them. She's such an adorable little angel.
I was startled by a voice behind me,
"She's adorable" Daniel said leaning against the doorframe. Damn he looked hot. No! What am I thinking? Get a grip Mia.

He kneels down beside me and helped me unpack, but also adoring the pictures, then, I came across a picture of me and Daniel:

I let a tear drop before passing over it, Daniel tilted my head towards him and wiped it away.
I squeezed my eyes shut, not being able to look into his.
"Mia-" Daniel started before I cut him off,
"No, I need air" I said before leaving the house, running to God knows where.

I ran to the all too familiar park, I looked around, nothing had changed, it's as if time had left it stranded behind, nothing, absolutely nothing is different.
I sit at the familiar bench, my thoughts taking me away.
I thought about Katie, the boys, Taylor, but most of all I thought about Daniel. Why does love hurt so much? I'm afraid, afraid to be with him again, I don't wanna live that nightmare again.

After around an hour, I finally realised, I love Daniel too much to worry, I have to be with him again, I want to be with him again, I want to look into his mesmerising ocean blue eyes again, I wanna get lost in them again, I wanna feel his lips on mine, I wanna cuddle him, inhaling his familiar cologne scent, I want to laugh with him, smile with him, cry with him. I don't have to worry about anything when I've got him, as long as I'm with him. It's just us against the world.

I smile wiping away my tears, ready to finally look into his eyes again, ready to feel those lips on mine, ready to feel complete. As I get up, I receive a phone call from Zach,

"Hey Zach what's up?" I asked,
He was sobbing uncontrollably and he finally managed to croak out,

"D-Daniel, h-he...