Chapter 32

**1 week later**

Mia's P.O.V

This past week, I haven't been able to stop thinking about Daniel, today I had agreed to take Katie to him, I can't deny his daughter from him. It's evil. I got Katie ready and I got showered and changed into this:

I said bye to Jake who was worried about me going to the wdw house no matter how many times I reassured him, I got in the car with Katie and drove off to the wdw house

Once we arrived, I hesitantly knocked on the door, Katie already knew where we were and what's happening. I may have just left out that one teeny tiny detail that Daniel's her dad. What? I can't afford to break her fragile little 3 year old heart.

The door swung open revealing Jonah, I gave him a hug and so did Katie,
"Uncle JoJo!" She exclaimed grinning, God, she looks exactly like Daniel. Katie has taken a liking to all the boys plus Taylor. But she especially loved Daniel.
I stepped inside, that feeling of being home hit me for some reason, as if I'd been away all this time.

I saw Daniel coming down the staircase and he looked at me and then Katie and smiled. I avoided his eyes once again.
"Dannyyyy!" Katie yelled running into his arms,
"Katieeee!" He yelled engulfing her into a bear hug. I tried to hide my smile but it was too cute.

We made our way into the lounge and plopped onto the sofa, but when Katie saw the grand piano she ran to it excitedly making me laugh as I made my way to her. Daniel was teaching her how to play and I've got to admit, for a 3 year old, she's amazingly talented at music and just generally smart and wise beyond her years.

"Mummy, come join us!" She said as I sat down beside her with Daniel on the other side of her. We began playing notes until it was just me and Daniel playing because Katie had smelt donuts from the kitchen so she ran there.
As we were playing, our hands touched, there was that spark again, it's so wrong but, it felt so right, I looked at him then removed my hand and avoided his eyes.
"Why are you so afraid?" He asked in that angelic tone. God, I need to stop.

"I should go check on Katie" I said avoiding the question and getting up, but he grabbed my hand,
"Please Mia, answer the question" he pleaded. I hesitated and stayed silent for a moment before sighing and answering.
"Because of you" I stated,
"Look at me Mia" he said, "I can't" I said, still not turning around.
"Why?" He asked.

"Because, I'm afraid I'll get lost in your eyes again" I stated before releasing my hand and going to the kitchen to Katie.
I smiled when I saw Katie stealing donuts from Zach and Zach whining and Taylor laughing and high-fiving Katie.
"Katie, you are forever stealing food" I say chuckling as she looks at me with glaze and frosting around her mouth.

Then Daniel walks in the kitchen and I try to avoid him, he walks towards Katie and they begin messing around, she then puts icing on Daniel's nose and continuing to eat and put more icing around her face. I sigh and grab a napkin and walk to Katie.
"Angel, don't make a mess" I say as she apologises innocently, I wipe her face clean and then Daniel sighs dramatically, I roll my eyes and tilt his head towards me using my index finger, I wipe the icing from his nose, still trying to avoid his eyes.

I wanted to look into them so bad, I wanted us to be together so bad, but I'm afraid to be hurt by him again, I don't want the heart ache and heartbreak again. I've never had that with Jake. Is that why I'm dating him No. I love Jake. I think.
After a day of games, it was time to go home, just as I was gonna grab my stuff, I got a call from Jake,

"Hey babe, please don't be mad at me but..." he started,

"Jake?" I asked sternly,

"Me and Chanthony are doing this overnight challenge thing and...you know how Katie gets when I'm not there, especially at bedtime" he says.

"Sooo, are you implying what I think you are implying?" I ask, praying to god it's not.

"Please, just stay over for this night, I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you" he pleads.

I sigh and give in, "fine, I'll see you Tommorow, bye" I say,

"Bye babe" he says before ending the call.

I tilt my head back, squeezing my eyes shut. I didn't wanna stay, it's not going to end well.

"Guys?" I say walking back into the lounge and their heads turn towards me.
"Jake and Chanthony are doing an overnight challenge thing and Jake called me and I can't go home because of how Katie gets when Jake isn't home especially at bedtime, can I crash here for tonight?" I asked and I get "sures" and "absolutelys" in reply.

"Angel" I say bending down to Katie, "we are gonna stay here tonight okay?" She nods much to my surprise and runs back to Daniel's arms.
Daniel then gets up leaving Katie with Taylor for a bit.
"C'mon, I'll give you something comfortable to change into" he said, I nod and follow him to his room.

He rummages through his closet and hands me his oversized Why Don't We hoodie, I went in his bathroom and got changed, keeping my shorts on, the hoodie almost reached my knees and was mid-thigh.
I walked out and Daniel looked at me in awe. I bit my lip.

Daniel's P.O.V

She won't look at me. It's clear we still love each other but, because of me, she's afraid to love. What have I done? I still love her, to this day. And I can never stop, even if I try.
When she came out in my hoodie, she looked gorgeous, it reminded me of when she wore my clothes. But then, she bit her lip...

-Flashback-

She bites her lip out of compulsion. I groan in frustration, She furrows her eyebrows.
"What's wrong babe?" She asks, "don't bite your lip, it makes me want you even more" I say. She smirks and bites her lip seductively.

I crash my lips onto hers, moving in time. I slide my tongue in and ask for permission, She smirks and denies, I push through and win, our tongues battling. She tangles her hands into my hair and I slide my hands up causing her to moan, before I go any further she pulls away, both of us out of breath.

-End of flashback-

I come back into reality as she snaps her fingers in front of my face,
"Earth to Daniel?" She called, I looked up at her and she avoided my eyes once more. And it hurt even more every time.

Mia's P.O.V

Once I bit my lip and he zoned out, I knew what he was thinking about. Once he came back to reality and looked at me I had to avoid his eyes again.
He inched closer to me now standing up, and tilted my chin up for me to look at him.
"Please, I'm not asking for you to love me again, but please, just look at me, I want your eyes to meet mine again, please, I miss it" he pleads.
"I do too Daniel. I do too" I say before pushing out of the way and leaving to rejoin the rest,

Leaving him hurt, heartbroken and torn.