#8, YOUR HAIR SMELLS NICE

Memories.

People say memories are the best part of life. They make you happy. Its good that they don't fade away with time.

But what about memories that break you apart?

What about memories that make you wish you were dead?

Sometimes I really think as to how much better life would be if memories did fade away.

How much easier would it be if we had a 'restart' button in our life.

Just one night..... And everything's gone.Everything.

Just one night..... And you lose all of it.
And the days that follow aren't helped by so called 'memories'.

People come, people go but memories don't, unfortunately.

                                     *

It has been two weeks since I saw Alec and I am really thankful to God for making atleast a part of my life good.

I saw Isaac a couple of times after the party night. We often exchanged quick smiles in the corridor and he was helping me a lot in Maths.

He even dropped me and Alicia back a couple of times when Liam had his after school practices.

But I saw no sign of Alec. Not like I wanted to but I was just curious.

He didn't come for classes and nor did I see him with the guys, not like I wanted to.

After the torture of double chemistry classes, I was happily heading to the canteen.

Food and me, we are lovers for life.

Just when I was about to reach the heavenly place, a hand grabbed me by my shoulder and pulled me into a classroom. An empty classroom.

There was a hand over my eyes and mouth which restricted me to scream or even see who it was.

"Don't scream" a familiar voice said and then slowly removed his hand from my mouth and eyes.

Guess what?

Standing before me was the smirk master, smirking.

I wonder if this generation even knows what smiling is.

"What the hell Alec?!" I yelled.

"Don't think I forgot Lydia" he said in a clam voice.

"Forgot what?" I asked innocently

"Playing dumb, are we? You have messed up with the wrong person Liddy.You have messed up with Alec Hales"

"Listen Alec, your rough and tough bad boy attitude won't work on me, I am not scared of you" I said boldly.

I was kind of scared but he didn't have to know that.

"Really?" He smirked (not surprised) "You sure I am not affecting you?"

"No" I replied blankly "and that was not the conversation we were having"

He took a step closer until there was no space left between us. We were so close that I could actually feel his breath on my lips.

"This?" He asked in a voice which wasn't helping.

"No"

"You are good at lying Liddy" he sighed.

"Nah.... You are just too dumb to differentiate between truth and lies"

I didn't want a guy messing up my already messed up life.
I had to stay away from him.

"Alec, I swear if you don't move now,I will kick you somewhere I shouldn't" I warned.

I was expecting him to smirk and keep standing where he was being the jerk he is but it took me by surprise when he actually moved back.

"Considering the fact that you have already punched and kicked me twice, I better not take chances with you" he laughed and it was kind of sexy.

Wait What?!!

"Good" I moved towards the door

"Hey Liddy!"

"Yeah?"

"Your hair smells nice"