#28, I AM NOT CUTTING MYSELF UP!

We did find the next card by the lake and after running around the house for about 10 times, we finally found the final card which would lead us to the flag.

"Alright so this one says" I started reading the card
"Surrounded by trees in a little box,
lies the flag so make a run for it.
Not towards the beginning and not towards the end.
In the heart of the forest,
it remains untouched.
Arrows will guide you to the little black box but it goes in 2D so cut yourselves up"

"That doesn't rhyme" Isaac shrugged his shoulders.

"What the hell does that even mean?!" Alec whined.

"Liam was right, those little kids are devils" Mark muttered.

"Well one thing we know is that it's in the forest and arrows will guide us" I said and Isaac nodded.

"Also that it's in the heart of the forest" Alec added.

"I am not cutting myself up" Mark cried following us as we walked towards the heart of the forest.

As we reached the forest, there were arrows on papers stuck on trees.

Damn those kids really worked hard.

But there was a small problem, there were two arrows at the first tree which pointed in two different directions.....2D....that's what it meant!

"We have to divide the team to go in two different directions" Alec said exactly what I was about to.

"Yes, that's what it meant by 'cut yourselves up' I guess" Isaac nodded.

"So me and Lidya will go this way and you both the other" Alec stated and I wasn't going to complain.

Isaac smiled but for some reason it looked forced. He and Mark walked to the left side with Mark calling those kids 'little demons'.

Alec started walking towards the right side without a word and I slowly followed him. None of us said anything for two whole minutes after which I finally spoke up.

"What's wrong Alec?"

"Nothing" he shrugged his shoulders. I could sense that he was still annoyed so I stopped walking making him stop too.

"What?" he questioned

"Tell me what's wrong?" I demanded

Why was he like this?

It's like one minute he was all cute and flirty and the next minute he would turn into a mini hulk.

"Nothing is wrong" he sighed

"Then why are you annoyed?"

"You don't know?" he fake laughed

"How am I supposed to know if you don't tell me!" I threw my hands up in frustration.

He looked at me for a few seconds and then slowly started moving forward. I didn't know what to do so I took a step back and felt my back hit a tree.

Shit!

Alec moved dangerously close to me making my heart skip a beat.

"Alec....what are you doing?" I managed, my voice breaking.

He said absolutely nothing but just kept staring at me and it wasn't helping at all.
I couldn't do this to him....he deserved so much more than a girl whose life was completely messed up. I wanted to stop stop him but my hands weren't moving at all.
He slowly started leaning in and I knew that I had to stop him before it was too late.

I was going to push him away from me but I stopped when I felt his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. He buried his face in my neck, breathing softly.

ALEC HALES WAS HUGGING ME!!

My hands automatically wrapped themselves around him.

Who was controlling my hands?!

I felt him suck a breath and place a small kiss on my neck. My skin burned at his touch. My heart ready to leap out of my chest. He placed another kiss there, letting his lips linger there for a while. He placed soft kisses along my neck and upto my collarbone as a moan escaped from my lips.
I could literally feel his heartbeat, it was way too loud.

He slowly moved his lips to my jawline, placing kisses all along. My entire body was burning and my head was spinning in circles. I couldn't think straight.

What was Alec doing to me?

"Alec?" my voice came out barely audible.

"Hmm?" he replied, not stopping at all.

"The game" it again came out barely audible.

His lips were on my shoulder now, placing open mouthed soft kisses everywhere. He tightened his grip on me, pulling me closer to him although, it was physically impossible.

"Alec?" I said a little louder this time.

His eyes drifted to my lips as he started leaning in but before he could kiss me, his phone interrupted.

He immediately stepped back in shock and answered the call.

He casually turned to me after keeping his phone.

"They found the flag, we need to go"

He started walking immediately ignoring me.

I couldn't even move my hands. All I kept thinking was.....WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!