Chapter 3: My Evie

"So, what are you doing right now?" Evie1234 writes.

"Watching a movie, I can't really talk now." I respond.

"With him?" She writes like it's something unusual, but she knows it's not.

"Yes, with Elliott."

"OK."

"What? I know you've got something else to say. It's OK, just say it."

"Well, it's just that...you do everything with him"

I smirk thinking she may be jealous.

"Are you jealous?"

"NO. Maybe. Or maybe I'm just saying he's too good to be JUST your friend."

"Best friend."

"Exactly my point."

"I don't get it. What do you mean?"

"Kacey, let's not kid ourselves. Best friends that are not the same sex CANNOT stay that forever. And you have your amazing best friend and protector who I'm sure loves you already. And I'm just a girl online that you've never met. We are probably never gonna happen. But you and Elliott might."

"What????Are you crazy?? Eveline, you know I'm gay and I like you A LOT. I've never felt anything like this towards anyone. Any girl. And Elliott...he IS JUST my best friend. He will never be more and you know it. There's no need to be jealous OK?"

"Alright if you say so."

"Hey, I really have to go now, but we'll talk more later." I write because I see Elliott peeping at my phone every now and then. I know he's growing impatient. I don't exactly know why, maybe he really wants us to watch that movie together, or maybe he's jealous too. No, he's not. He has no reason to be, right?

Eveline writes back: "Sure, bye :)"

"Bye Evie ;)" 

I really do like this girl, even if I've never met her. I want to. And I will with Elliott's help.

But the stuff that she said...I like her differently than Elliott. Sure, I like him, care for him, even love him. But not in a way a girlfriend does. I just love him as a friend. Her on the other hand, ... I like like her. I like her as a girlfriend. And yeah I know you can't love someone you've never met. But I don't care. I want to love her. And I will.