Chapter 26: I know now (very short chapter)

I might have lost them both tonight. The worst thing is, I don't even know what I feel anymore. I'm not sure I love Elliott or Jessica or both or who do I love more.

The next day we have to go to the police station the identify the man who kidnapped us. I told them he wore a mask, but I can identify him by his voice. I'm sure I can. The way he spoke... I could never forget his voice.

When we get there, there are five people lined up in a room. They step in the front of the room one by one and when I hear his voice I immediately know it's him. The shape of his head and body match and Jessica also recognises him. 

I'm glad this hell is over, and me and Jessica are both safe. She went through hell with me, but Elliott did too. He was by my side all those years and Jessica was when we were kidnapped. 

She hugs me before they have to go back to the hospital and says:''Listen to your heart Kacey. You know what it's telling you, now you just have to listen.''

I look at her, smile and kiss her on the cheek. I know we're gonna stay friends but in that moment I feel we're never gonna be together. I can feel it and it breaks my heart a little. But not as much as the fact that me and Elliott are never gonna be together again.

When we get home, I lie down in my bed and close my eyes. In that moment I remember the dreams and all of a sudden I understand them. I know what they mean. I know what everything means. I get it know. I'm listening to my heart and I can hear it.

I love Elliott.