Chapter 8

I sat on a park bench watching the girls play football together. "Come play with us Y/N!" Ally yelled and spun the football around in her hand.

"I can't!" I yelled back and held my broken wrist up.

"You can be QB dumbass!" Normani yelled and took the football from Ally. I shook my head and stood up slowly.

"Can I get the rules before we do play?" I asked as I got over there.

"No tackling. No hitting. No arguing, Lauren's always right. Count to 10 before you go for the QB. Have fun you bitches. Touchdown zones are from park bench to park bench." Dinah said and pointed to the benches.

"Be considerate of other people." Camila added in.

"My teams down a few points so you're with me." Normani said and wrapped her arm around my shoulders. "It's me, you, Ally, and Lauren. Then there's Dinah, Ashley, and Camila." Normani said.

"Y'all suck, if I'm QB y'all will just keep losing." I said and sighed. "I'm team captain now bitches. Lauren you're QB." I said. "Everyone else just catch the damn ball." Everyone took their positions on the 'field'.

"Alright bitches!" Lauren yelled. "Go you hoes!" She yelled and I bolted down the field in between Camila and Dinah. I turned around and put my hand up. Lauren threw the ball to me and I jumped up, catching it before dropping back to the ground and running towards the end zone. I was unaware of Dinah who ran behind me and picked me up.

"God dammit Dinah Jane!" I yelled and kicked around.

"That was a nice catch kiddo." She said before putting me down.

"Give Lauren the ball." I said and shoved the ball into Dinah's chest before walking in another direction.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

I walked to Luis who was walking towards the girls. "Aw shit." Dinah mumbled. "Girls, over here now!" She yelled before running towards me.

"Where'd those bruises come from?" Luis asked in a teasing tone, talking about the bruises on my neck.

"None of your business." I shook my head.

"They're not from me." Luis said and smirked at Lauren. "Ask her what happened."

"I know what happened." Lauren said and crossed her arms.

"What happened?" Dinah asked me and tilted her head. I balled my hand into a fist and threw a punch at Luis, Ally grabbing my bicep and stopping me.

"Do not." She said in a warning tone.

"Let go." I said and pulled my arm away.

"We're leaving." Lauren said and pulled me back. Lauren pulled me back towards the car, the girls walking with us.

"What happened?" Ally asked as we were walking back.

"Nothing." I said and groaned.

"She hit me, I choked her. That's what happened." Ashley said and began walking faster.

"You did what?" Camila asked me.

"Jesus Christ Ashley! Why can't you keep your damn mouth shut?" I asked and pulled myself away from the girls and walked away from the car. I shoved my hands into my pockets and sighed before I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Go away Lauren."

"I'm not Lauren." I felt Ashley's hand grip my bicep, stopping me from going farther. "I'm sorry."

"You're sorry? We don't have to tell them everything." I said turning and looking at her.