Chapter 9

Y/N's P.O.V

I woke up to a cold, empty bed. I slid my phone off the nightstand and stared at the bright screen. I turned the brightness down and pulled Siri up. "Call Babe." I said into the microphone.

"Calling Babe." The automated, Australian voice said. I put the phone up to my ear and yawned.

"Hello hello." Ashley's voice came through, sounding too happy at 10 in the morning.

"Where are you?" I asked and rubbed my eye.

"Starbucks with my manager. I'll pick you up a coffee." She said quickly.

"No baby I don't want any. I'm really cold and my throat hurts." I whined.

"Let me just finish up with Tom(I made a name up.) and I'll be right there. Try to eat something." She said. "Look baby we gotta finish up. I love you."

"I love you too." I said, my voice rough and low. She hung up and I tossed my phone to the side. "I should still be asleep but no, Ashley had to leave me in a cold bed." I mumbled and huffed. "She thinks I'm getting up. That's cute." I picked my phone up and pulled up my music. I shrugged and chose the Badlands album. I let my eyes close and listened to the music that played in the quiet room.

After a little while, I heard the door open. Assuming it's Ashley, I ignored it. I heard the door to the bedroom open before hearing a light raspy voice continue the lyrics to Gasoline. "Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me? Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?"

"Hey babe." I said and paused my music.

"How do you feel?" She asked and walked over to me.

"Like shit." I sniffled and coughed.

"Lemme feel your head." Ashley said and put her hand against my forehead. "You're burning hot." She furrowed her eyebrows and knelt down.

"You're not so bad yourself." I said and winked at her.

"Babe I'm being serious, stop playing around." She said and looked at me concerned. "Would you rather Tylenol or an ice bath?" She asked.

"Tylenol." I said and crossed my arms.

Ashley set her bag down and pulled a bottle of Tylenol. "I grabbed you some cough medicine too." She poured 2 pills into her hand and handed them to me.

"You're amazing babe." I smiled and put the pills in my mouth. She grabbed a water bottle from her nightstand and handed it to me. I took the bottle and took a few sips.

"Take the hoodie and sweatpants off." She said and stood up.

"Are you trying to help me or get me naked?" I asked and stood up.

"Both." She smiled and helped me slip me sweatpants off. I pulled my hoodie off with some help and sat down. "Did you eat?" She asked and took my hands.

"Nope." I shook my head and bit my lip.

"I know, that's why I picked you up some oatmeal." She said and smiled like a child.

"What kind?" I asked and stood up.

"Peaches and cream." She said and led me to the kitchen.

"Remember the first day you came to my apartment?" I asked after a few minutes of waiting for my food to cool down.

"We were going to go grab dinner but then I didn't feel up to it and we came here." Ashley said and sat across from me.

"And cooked dinner together, me basically sitting in the counter and talking about anything and everything." I said and smiled.