Chapter 25

Y/N's P.O.V

I sat in the hospital waiting room on the edge of my seat, literally. My heart pounding and my leg bouncing. Best day of my life. I looked to the door as it opened and Ashley's parents walked in. Great. "I'm telling you, Chris, it's that damn wife of hers that got her into this situation." Her mother said and I covered my eyes.

"Leave that poor girl alone." He said and I pulled my hoodie over my face.

"It's okay." Aubrey said and rubbed my back.

"I fucking hate my life." I said and looked at Aubrey.

"Why?" She asked.

"I'm losing everyone I love and Ashley's parents fucking hate my guts." I said and she wrapped her arm around me.

"Hey, Y/N." Her father said.

"Don't pretend to like me." I shook my head.

"We do like you." He said and knelt in front of me, her mother clearing her throat.

"She hates me." I said and he nodded.

"I can't say you're my favorite but you make her happier than I've ever seen her." He shrugged.

"First you get my child to move from New Jersey to Florida, then you almost kill her?" Her mom asked.

"I never asked her to jump in front of that bullet!" I yelled and Aubrey grabbed my hand.

"Cool it." She said and I leaned back.

"I never asked her to move to Florida. I never asked her to fall in love with me. I never asked her to jump in front of that fucking bullet that would've probably killed me. So please, blame all of your fucking assumptions on me." I said angrily as her doctor walked out.

"Frangipane?" The Doctor asked and I shot up, walking over to him.

"How is she?" I asked and she chuckled.

"Hi Y/N. Ashley is actually doing fantastic. She just woke up, the surgery was successful, but we could not save her knee." She said and I looked down. "You may go see her in room 110." She said.

"What about my mama?" I asked.

"She's still in surgery." She said and I nodded. I jogged to the stairs, going up to the second floor where her room would be. I jogged down the hall to her room and quickly went in.

"Ah!" Ashley yelled and put her hands up.

"Oh my god, baby." I said and put my hand on my heart.

"I'm not a baby." She said and waved me off.

"I'm so sorry for doing this to you." I said and walked over to her.

"You shot me?" She asked and I shook my head.

"No, I'm sorry for marrying you and putting you through all this." I said and lazily held her hand.

"I chose to do it, babe." She said and shrugged. "I do." She said and put her pinky out.

"I do." I said and interlocked our pinkies.

"Maybe I do will be your always." Aubrey said from the doorway and I looked at her

"Shoot." Ashley said and hid under the blankets.

"Quit it, Ashley." Nicole said and she slowly peeked our from under the blankets.

"So, I can't feel my foot." She said and I bit my lip.

"Look at your leg." I said and she pulled the blanket back, her jaw dropping at the sight of everything below her thigh gone.