Father Figure (7)

It has been 2 weeks since Chresanto had ran into Tracy at the salon. She's been on his mind every since. Tiana was out with her girls and thought this would be the perfect time to go see Tracy. He got into his car and left.

Tracy stood at the counter like always looking at her customers and laughing. She saw as Chresanto walked up to the counter with a smile on his face looking around. She rolled her eyes and folded her arms.

"You want a hair cut?" She asks grabbing her pen.

"I thought you were booked?" Chresanto asked.

"My chair is open at the moment." She responds in a blank tone.

"I dont know if I should trust you with some scissors around me." He chuckled.

"Haha so funny...Listen is there something you need?"

"Nah, I thought I would just swing by and see you." He smiled.

"Where's your wife Chresanto? You can look at her."

"Oh, so you gonna be like that?" Chresanto giggles.

"I don't know what you were expecting when you came up here Chresanto, but we're not together. You don't need to be coming up here and checking up on me. I'm a grown ass woman now."

"I know...I can tell." He says looking at her body from behind the counter.

All the girls had stopped talking and were looking at Tracy and Chresanto. They gossip and laughed as they watched them interact with each other.

"Chresanto you can go ahead and leave now." Tracy says with a straight face.

"Come on Tracy you know your just as excited to see me as I am you." Chresanto smiled resting his arms on the counter.

"I don't know if you remember this but the last time I saw you you crashed your car into mine taking the risk of ending my life." Tracy says scrunching her eyes.

"Yeah, and you shot me and left me there to die." Chresanto smiled. "We have a rough past."

Tracy leans in close to him smiling. "Exactly...what's in the past is in the past. Don't let your hormones go crazy because you're not used to waking up to this everyday anymore." Tracy teased.

Chresanto stepped back laughing. "Oh okay Tracy, I see how you are. Well you know what? I know you haven't had some good sex in a while so if you ever want someone to help you out...You know where I am." Chresanto says before leaving

"And so Mrs. Carrington says my test is in 3 days..." Chris said in a blank tone taking the sticky note off his chest.

"Yeah I remember....You want me to be there so you can just check out afterwards?" Tracy asked.

"Yeah....mama can I ask you something?"

"Yeah anything." Tracy pulls up into the driveway.

"I know you said your my father and mother...and I told my teacher you were coming to father and son contest day and said....My mom can't come and that you're only my mother...not my father." Chris says kicking his feet.

Tracy turned in her seat and looked at Chris. "Look me in my eyes Chris...You know what no...I'm going up to that school."

"Mama no!" Chris protested.

"Yes! Chris They have no right to be saying those things to you!" Tracy raised her voice.

A few minutes later Tracy pulled up to the school. She got out the car and walked in heading straight for Chris class. She got to the door and looked at Chris.

"Sit out here and wait for me." Tracy tells him before walking in the room.

Mrs. Carrington was cleaning up blocks and juice off of the floor. Tracy folds her arms and stands there until Mrs. Carrington realizes she was there. She puts a smile on her face and walks towards Tracy.

"Hi, how may I help you?" She asks.

"Mmm, I'm Christopher Jackson mother...Tracy Jackson." Tracy said in a blank tone.

"Oh, are here for questions about the test?" She asks in an innocent tone.

"No, I'm here about you telling my son I can't come to the father and son contest."

"Well...Ms. Jackson it is the father and son contest....not the mother and son contest." Mrs. Carrington.

"I know that...I can read and hear. Listen Chris really wants to go-"

"Then find his father..." Mrs. Carrington starts.

"Find his father?" Tracy interrupts raising her voice. "Listen Carrington okay? And you listen good...I will be damn if you tell my son that his mother can't do nothin his father could do! For all he's concerned I am his father! Don't you ever tell my son some of your bullshit!" Tracy says. "Do you understand?"

"Yes...Ms. Jackson I understand." Mrs Carrington says in a blank tone.

Tracy walks out the classroom and looks down at Chris who's playing on his PSP.

Tracy sat down DJ plate on the table. Chris was already eating.

"Yo' why didnt you just ask me to take him? I'm his god father." DJ chuckled.

"Yeah well I wasn't thinking about that at the time...Besides I was so in the moment in cussing that little stuck up bitch out." Tracy sat down at the table. "Oh yeah...you have to cover for me when Chris takes his test."

"Alright....cool." DJ says before munching down his food.