Prison Call

Tracy sat next to Chris's bedside and watched him as a machine controlled his breathing. Tears fell down her face as she thought about her son and Chresanto having to have face 10 years behind bars. Tracy's phone buzzed, it was a random number but she still answered.

"Hello?" She said into the phone.

"Baby, its me..." Chresanto whispered into the phone.

Tracy sighed. "You've only been in there for 3 days and you already have a cell phone?"

"You know I got my connections..." He chuckled. "How my little one doing?"

Tracy sighed and a few tears fell from her eyes. "I mean, he's breathing... kinda. The machine is breathing for him mostly."

"That's my little fighter..." Chresanto nodded his head. "He's gonna make it through."

"I know he is, but I hate to see him go through all of this..." she said in a low tone. "Any updates?"

Chresanto scratched his head. "I go to court next month to figure out if I'm for sure getting 10 years or not."

"What the fuck am I supposed to do without you? Huh? What about Chris?" Tracy stepped out into the hall. "Did you think about the consequence of your actions before you decided to kill someone?"

"Tracy I did this for our son!" He grew angry. "If that judge gives me 10 fucking years or any years, then they ain't shit!"

"Chresanto! You are in prison!" She yelled. "Our son needs you the most right now!" She cried.

"Tracy don't you think I know that shit!" He hit the wall. "I mean damn! I don't need you in my fucking ear reminding me of that shit!"

"I can't do this right now.... Chresanto I'll talk to you later." She hung up the phone.

"Tracy!" He yelled but she already hung up the phone. "Damn!" He yelled, before hiding his phone.

"Quiet down cell mate!" A guard walked by. "You might be behind this giant metal door, but yours still too fucking loud."

"Shut yo' bitch ass up...." Chresanto said in a low tone as he laid back down on his bed and stared at the bottom of the bunk that was above him.