My Son (10)

The next day Chresanto showed up to her house with purple spray paint. He printed all over her car "let me see my son"  and on the garage. He rang her doorbell and there was no answer.

"I hope she remembers I know how to break into a house." He says to himself.

He walked around to the back and popped the screen off one of the windows and opened it up. He hopped up and climbed through and landed on his feet. He walked around the house and opened her bedroom door where she was still sleeping.

He walked out into the living room and sprayed the walls. He looked around the house for a pen and paper and wrote Chris a note and snuck into his room and sat it on his night stand. He left out the house and sat at the end of the driveway.

2 hours later Tracy walked out in anger and became even more furious as she looked at her car and saw Chresanto at the end of the driveway. She ran over to him and stood over him.

"Chresanto what the fuck is this shit?" Tracy asks in a serious tone.

"Let me see my son..." Chresanto says in a blank tone.

"How do you even know he's yours?" Tracy questioned.

"Because I know! and I know how you were back then!" Chresanto stands up towering over Tracy.

"You have the shit on my walls where Chris can see it!" Tracy yells at him.

"Good! He seems interested in meeting me and maybe he will come out here and talk to me." Chresanto snaps.

"Chresanto get the fuck away from my house before I call the cops." Tracy says in a calm tone.

"For trying to meet my son?! What do I have to do?" Chresanto yells. "You want money?" Chresanto pulls out the cash from his pocket and throws bills in her face. "Here!"

"I have money!" Tracy yells.

"Then what is it?!" Chresanto yells. "Why can't i see my own son?"

"Because you didn't want him then and all of a sudden you wanna try and get to know him?! For what?!" Tracy snaps.

"Because my son is a life that I helped make and bring into this world and I have the right to see him." Chresanto says in a calm tone.

"Mama..." Chris says walking up to her.

"Chris go back into the house." Tracy says in a strict tone.

"No...Chris come here." Chresanto says. "I have a gift for you."

"Oh what is it?!" Chris smiles excitedly running to him.

"Chris get away from him!" Tracy yells.

"Tracy this is my son!" Chresanto yells.

Chris looked at him with a glow in his eyes but a confused look on his face. Chris looked up at Chresanto and by the looks of it Chris would end up just as tall if not taller than his father. Chresanto bends down and pulls out a key.

"See that car over there? This is the key to it...Go open the back door and your gift is in there." Chresanto says.

Chris nods his head and walks over to the car. He puts the key in the car door and opens it. His eyes glow as he looks at the backseat full of bags. Anything from sports to drawing was in the back of that car.

"Is this all mine?" Chris asks.

"Yes...All of it." Chresanto smiles.

"That's great and everything but you have to take those back..." Tracy rolls her eyes.

Chresanto steps close to her. "Tracy...If you ever keep me away from my son ever again...I will have you handled...If that's what everything comes down to." Chresanto whispers. "Let me help you take those in."

Chresanto takes everything in and gets everything settled. Chris walks over and gives him a hug and a big smile.

"Thank you!" He says.

"No...Thank you." Chresanto smiles.

"Can you stay for dinner?"

"Maybe next time little man..."

"Oh but please!" Chris says. "It's weird just with my mom and I...since I haven't seen DJ in a few days."

"Why is that?" Chresanto scrunched his eyes.

"I don't know...He was arguing with my mom and then he left and I haven't seen him since, but he's supposed to take me to father and son contest day." Chris says as he sat down on his bed and kicked his feet.

"Well I mean...I can take you to the father and son contest day." Chresanto says.

"I don't think my mom would let me go with you...she tried to go but they won't let her because she's not my father." Chris shrugged.

Chresanto sat down next to him. "Listen Chris....When you get older I'll explain everything to you but I am your father and you are my son and I want to be here for you no matter what." Chresanto says. "No matter what your mother says or does you can always count on me to be here for you. You read the letter I left you?"

"Yes..."

"Alright my number is on there and you call me when you need me." Chresanto says getting up.

"Do you have to leave?" Chris asks.

"I'm afraid so little man...I've been here all morning."

"Okay...Will you see me tomorrow?" Chris asks.

"Of course!" Chresanto smiles.

Chresanto walks out his room and close his door behind him. Tracy is sitting on the couch looking at her phone. Chresanto shakes his head and looks at her. He had to admit she still looked good even after so long. Her skin was perfect and her hair still big just like when he first met her. He watches as she stands up in her heels and walks over to him.

"Are you finally happy?" Tracy asks.

"Yes....but maybe you should ask yourself that." Chresanto smirks.

"What is that supposed to mean?" She folds her arms shifting her weight to her right leg.

"I mean exactly what I said. If your not happy Tracy....Go ahead and grab your happiness." He smiles before leaving the house.