Doctor's Visit (17)

DJ has officially been gone for 3 months and 2 weeks. He was enjoying his time at Adamma apartment as she helped him through his problems and stay there for free until he got back on his feet. DJ was sitting down next to her watching her read when she looked up and smiled.

"What are you thinking about over there?" She asks in her thick accent.

"How old are you?" He asks her.

"I'm 20...How old are you?" She smiles.

"I'm 21...So why do you live in this small little town?" DJ asks.

"Well...When I came from Nigeria 2 years ago this was the only place i could afford." She explained.

"Mmm," He smirked. "You should come live with me..."

"I thought you didn't have a place?" She says in a confused tone.

"I don't, but I have enough money to buy 3 condos and have enough money to feed the homeless." He smiles.

"so, why don't you stay with your friends until then?" she asks setting the book down.

DJ sighed. "I told you I have no friends."

"I know, but I know you do...Those Chresanto and Tracy character's took you in and helped you out when your brother died. They made a mistake just like you did, and spending time with you this last month i'm sure they miss you like crazy! I think it's time for you to go back and make up with them."

"But, I know it's only been a month...I don't wanna leave you." He confessed.

"DJ I will always be here for you...I will make a special drive just to help you." She grabbed his hand. "But i've done all I needed to help you...Now it's my duty to take you home." She stands up and grabs her keys.

Chresanto stayed home for the last few weeks with Tiana since the night of the storm with Tracy. He spoiled Tiana for the few weeks he's been with her. Every time he would make love to her Tracy face would pop up and he would stop. Most times he would keep going but sometimes he felt guilty for it. Chresanto sometimes sat down and thought about the first time he ever actually began knowing Tracy.

Flashback....

"Hey beautiful!" Chresanto says smiling.

The girl turned around to see who was talking to her and then went into a look of shock.

"Oh shit! Mariah it's him!" The girl yells.

"Shit! It's the girl from Waffle House bro!" Chresanto says to Jacob.

"You didn't tell me he was fine..." Mariah whispers to her.

"Listen I have your stuff..." The girl says taking the brown paper bag out of her purse and giving it to him.

Chresanto looks inside the bag and takes the money out.

"This was for you." Chresanto smiled.

"I know...No thank you." The girl says in a serious tone.

Chresanto laughed and then his face went blank as he realized that she was actually serious. Chresanto put the money in his pocket.

"What's your name?" Chresanto asked.

"Tracy" She said.

"Tracy, I'm Chresanto..." He smiled.

"Tracy, I just tested my friend and he ain't home." Mariah says.

Tracy sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes. "How are we supposed to get home now?" Tracy asked.