The Pain (15)

Chresanto picked Tracy up from the hospital. The doctor gave her medicine to help slow down the virus from spreading. Chresanto stopped at a stop light and glanced at her.

"DJ apartment burnt down yesterday...Nobody seen him leave and the firefighters didn't find a body." Chresanto told her.

"Maybe we should swing by..." Tracy suggested.

"Yeah, I tried to calling him but it went straight to voicemail. I even called him this morning and it still went to voicemail." Chresanto said in a worried tone.

DJ woke up 15 hours later with the sun in his face. He was weak from being dehydrated. He reached over to his bag and pulled out some water. He opened the bottle and drunk the whole bottle in 2 minutes.

"Fuck!!" He yelled.

He sat up and took off his jacket. He grabbed another water bottle and drunk it. He shoved his jacket in his bag and got up. He threw his bag on and began walking.

"Where the fuck am I?" He asked himself, making a stop. "Think DJ...what happened after you took the needle?" He puts his hands on his hips. "Fuck!"

DJ pulled some pain pills from his bag and took them. He began walking again with dried blood on his shirt. He thought as he walked....The last time he saw Kendrick.

Flashback....

DJ sat down next to Kendrick on the couch as he watched TV. DJ smiled as he text a girl.

"What you smilin' for?" Kendrick asks looking at DJ.

"This girl talkin' about she wants to fuck." DJ laughed.

"So, you gonna let her?"

"Nah..." DJ chuckled.

"Why not?" He asks smirking.

"I'm just not in the mood to be fuckin' with no female." DJ switched his eyes.

"You still a virgin..." Kendrick laughed.

"Shut the fuck up." DJ frowned.

"Don't be ashamed...Shit if I could be a virgin again I would. Girls find that shit sexy as hell for some weird reason." Kendrick smirked. "Besides, that's good you save that for the woman you love man."

"You didn't...." DJ pointed out.

"I know that...But I also caught syphilis my first time. You ain't me...You learn from my mistakes. I'm out here hustlin' and dropped out of school....You stay in school no matter what! I don't give a fuck if you lose both of your arms and can't write! You stay in school!" Kendrick said in a serious tone.

"I am bro." DJ said in a low tone.

"Alright I gotta get ready to go...I'm being serious Dante...If anything happens to me take care of ma and yourself. Live your life and dont feel sorry for me I'll be in a better place. Give me a hug."

DJ stood up and gave him a hug. He put 50,000 dollars into his pocket along with his favorite watch. DJ could feel him put into his pocket and shook his head. His brother walked out the door. DJ pulled the watch out and looked at.

End Of Flashback....

DJ pulled the watch out of his bag as tears ran down his face and a few hit the watch. DJ finished school and was still a virgin.

"I just need someone...." DJ cried. "My brother was murdered, my mother committed suicide in front of me, I don't even know my father, I've been to jail 3 times by the age of 21, I've killed 3 people, I watched as 5 of my friends rape an innocent girl. I just need some help." He cried.

DJ kept walking as he cried. He hit a rode to a strange town. He cleaned up his face and looked around.

"I do one maybe two things wrong and Chresanto and Tracy make it seem like I did it on purpose or some shit...I miss them." DJ cried some more.

DJ got some more pills out of his pocket and took them. He found a space and hid in it. He grabbed his band and a needle and injected it into his arm. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and he passed out.

Chresanto and Tracy pulled up to the burned down apartment and looked at it.

"Damn...I wonder what happened." Chresanto sighed.

"I hope he wasn't in the fire...My last words to him was "Get the fuck out"" Tracy says.

"He hasn't talkin' to any of us in the last few weeks...I think he's mad."

"Mad? This nigga gotta be fuckin' furious for him to not talk to us this long and not tell us he's okay after this fire."

"What if he's not okay?" Chresanto asks in a serious tone.

"We should try and find him...I mean his car is gone so he had to escape." Tracy looks out the window.

"How could we let this happen? I mean Kendrick my bestfriend died and I run into his brother. I thought it was right for me to look after him...look what happens."

"Chresanto this is no one's fault-" Tracy began.

"It's our fault Tracy...We made him feel like no one is supposed to make mistakes. He's honestly done nothing wrong...If anything he helped us...I met my son and I can finally talk to you without getting a headache. All because of him." Chresanto interrupts Tracy.

"You're right..." Tracy sighed. "So, what are we gonna do?"

"I don't know..." Chresanto sighed looking up at the apartment.