Ruin the friendship 1

Joe's POV

"Good morning, Hollywood Lifers! Today, we're gonna discuss the rumors involving a little bit of romance going on with our fellow ex-Disney stars and past tour mates, Nick Jonas and Demi Lovato. During the past weeks, Demi released her newest album called 'Tell me you love me' that's meeting an incredible success, and you might have heard about her most controversial song; Ruin the Friendship." 

I groan loudly and roll my eyes, about to turn off the TV and shut the host's annoying voice, until I see my picture appearing on the screen.

"Even though some fans are leaning towards his brother Joe, most of them are convinced that the flirty song is about the one and only Nick Jonas! The two singers have been best friends for over 10 years and have an incredibly strong bond, so that's why the nemi shippers are going crazy. So what do you think, dear subscribers? Let us know in the comments. This is Kate Hudson from Clevver News!"

This is definitely enough. I shut the television with anger and throw the remote control right at it, hoping it'd attenuate my furor. I don't want to meditate on the whole thing going on with Demi and my brother; it stings deep like a thousand knives each time I imagine them romantically linked. Them being best friends don't bother me at all, more of the opposite, but if it genuinely developed into something more... I would never be able to take it.

I am fucking jealous.

"Joseph, I'm ready!" I hear my girlfriend Sophie yell with her melodious voice, and soon she runs down the stairs with her purse and a simple outfit just like she always wears. "Let's go to Starbucks, I'm so thirsty that I could drink the whole St Lawrence river right now," she growls loudly which makes me tacitly cackle.

"Alright, let's go," I tell her as I reach for her left hand. Another day wandering down the busy streets of Montreal. Canada seems like a quiet country from the outside, but damn, it is for the least noisy once you get to know it. "Hopefully we won't meet obsessive fans again. Last time they attacked me with cake," I roll my eyes again, the cake referring to my biggest hit with DNCE; Cake by the ocean.

Sophie giggles and shakes her head, her blonde hair flowing behind her squared shoulders. She is a beautiful lady inside out, and I love her so much more than anyone could ever imagine, but... she simply doesn't own my heart.

I sigh desperately when I realize that my train of thoughts once more wandered towards Demi, but it's not like I wasn't expecting it. That woman has been on my mind 24/7 since a couple of years from now. Wherever I go, whatever I do, she haunts me. Our failed relationship in 2010 and my greatest mistakes about leaving her never quit chasing me down.

Last year, just a few weeks before I met Sophie, Demi and I had a quick fling, but I knew it was only temporary. I truthfully hoped her love for me would rekindle, but I know I would never have her heart again; I lost that chance seven years ago when I messed-up fairly badly.

"You know it's almost our one year anniversary," Sophie interrupts my forbidden thoughts, excitement radiating from her voice. I crack a bittersweet smile, mentally kicking myself for not remembering it. She tenderly loves me and would be so crushed if she only knew who I am thinking about every hour. "The day we met was the best day of my life," she continued, making my heart ache in guilt even more. "I can't believe it; it seems just like yesterday, but we all know that time flies."

Good lord, that's for sure. Already ten years since the Camp rock premiere, already seven and a half years since I dated the girl of my dreams and blew off my chance. Time really does fly.

"Why aren't you excited? What occupies your thoughts?" She eyes me curiously, her eyebrows raised and her expression irritated. "Did you forget our anniversary date, or...?"