Sexy Dirty Love 3

Demi devoured the whole sandwich in a few bites, starving since morning. She didn't have time to make breakfast because her cousin decided to nearly burn down the apartment, which she still didn't forgive her for. Thank god Ariana would be gone right after the holidays; she can't live with this clumsy girl anymore!

"Did you buy presents for your family?" Joe curiously asked, as they sat on a table near the window.

"Not really, since we don't do family reunions on Christmas. Both of my parents are doctors, and they're really busy, specially during holidays. It's okay; it saves money!" Demi joked and shrugged her shoulders, pretending not to care much.

Joseph frowned, and laid back on the chair, thinking. "You should tell them to take some time off their jobs, if they can. Family should come first, you know, especially on times like this."

"You're right," Demi sighed, but shook her head. "It's not their choice, though. We have to think about the patients who need to be taken care of, first. But hey, let's not focus on me! How are you spending Christmas?"

"Well, I attend several parties, and that pretty much sums it all. The first one is a business party where every CEO from different places throughout the country reunite and meet. It's honestly so boring, so I have to choose an interesting date to bring this time." The man crossed his arms on his chest, pondering the question.

"A date?" Demi repeated, her voice coming out a little bit too hoarsely. "I mean... Who do you normally bring to this celebration?"

"It depends," he answered, "but mostly rich daughters from their politically powerful dad. It's just the way it works, miss Lovato. I really don't want to bring Ashley Greene to every event, but it's good for my reputation." He paused for an instant, observing his assistant's suprised reaction. "Why do you think I still didn't get rid of her after all these months? Trust me, sometimes, I just want her to stop following me or attempting to get me in bed, but what can I do? If I irritate her in any possible way, her dad will definitely make my company go down, and each one of our jobs will be threatened."

The woman with black hair sighed, tired of all this drama. Why can't things be simple for once? She just wants to live a little bit of romance after all these years of inactivity, but it seems impossible.

"So you'll bring Ashley this year too," Demi concluded, avoiding her boss' apologetic look. It was more of a comment than a question.

"Not that I want to-"

"It's okay," she interrupted, shrugging her shoulders carelessly. "It's for the best, anyway. I don't want your company to crash down, you know."

"Of course not. But to be honest here, miss Lovato, I'd rather bring you than any other woman. At least, you're fun to be around and not a whiny brat." Joe chuckled humorlessly, and looked around to verify that no curious ears have been listening to their conversation.

"Tell me more about yourself," the assistant suggested, taking a sip of her hot chocolate. She didn't need to turn her head to know that snow was falling faster than ever, covering the streets in white.

"I don't have a lot to say," Joe said, trying to suppress his giggle. "But if you genuinely want to know the back story of your mysterious boss, you should know that I have been raised in a rich family with a clean reputation; the Jonas'. My parents are long-time businessmen, but they retired a few years ago. That's why I am now the CEO of this big company."

"Why didn't they give it to your brothers?" Demi asked, a little confused but mostly curious.

"They planned on giving it to Kevin, but it all changed when Danielle got pregnant with his baby. On the other hand, Nick has never been interested in anything involving business... Instead, he's a gifted tattoo artist. You should see his work someday; he's incredibly talented."