Sexy Dirty Love 5

Demi rushed into the building, her usual coffee almost spilling out of the Starbucks cup. She quickly waved at the secretary who returned a polite nod, and ran up the stairs to her  workplace. When she finally sat down beside Selena, the latter flexed her eyebrows with a puzzled expression. 

"Why are you late today?" She asked, suspicion in her voice. "Normally, you always arrive a few moments ahead of me." She then caught the glimpse of something on her friend's neck, and her anxiety instantly went up. "Oh my god!" She gasped. "Are you okay? Did someone hurt you? Why is there a red mark on your neck?"

Demi blushed a little when she realized that Selena was talking about her hickies, and tried to cover it with her hair as much as possible. "It's nothing, Sel. My scarf was too tight, that's all." She inwardly sighed, seeing that her colleague didn't calm down at all, and decided to change her ideas. "How is it going with Justin? Joe told me he saw you leaving with him yesterday afternoon."

"When did Mr. Jonas tell you that?" The brown-haired woman narrowed thoughtfully her eyes. "Didn't you pass by his office yesterday morning? Justin and I left at lunch time." She pointed out, her head reeling with immediate possibilities. 

Busted, Demi thought, her heart hammering against her chest as she thought about a possible excuse. "Um, we just bumped into each other during lunch, and he assumed I was searching for you." She invented, hoping her friend won't catch her lie.

"Oh well," Selena caved in, believing her coworker for now. "To answer your question, everything is going great between us, but he's still trying to convince me to take some time off. I told him that I'll still work for a week, so until Christmas. Then, we decided to quit New York and spend our vacation in the Bahamas."

"That's an awesome idea! You'll escape the cold weather!" Demi joked, sincerely happy for her

"That's an awesome idea! You'll escape the cold weather!" Demi joked, sincerely happy for her. "If I had enough money, I'd book a flight to Havana, but it'll go to next year."

The assistant bit her lip, hoping her friend won't notice her deception. To be honest, she was even somehow envious of Selena. Maybe she should've chosen to be a doctor, but on another hand, she wouldn't have had Joe as a boyfriend...

"Justin can lend you money if you want," Selena frowned, her heart aching for her friend. "After all, he's a successful lawyer, so money isn't a problem for him. I'm sure he will accept, he likes you very m-"

"It's okay, really," Demi cut off, smiling reassuringly. "Christmas is more magical with snow, and since Ariana is here, I would not dare leave her alone."

"Oh, right, your cousin is visiting you!" Selena snapped her fingers, realizing that she completely forgot about it. "It's been quite a few months since I've last seen her! I hope she didn't do much damage to your kitchen like last year..."

"Oh, I wish!" Demi shook her head, clearly desperate. "She almost burnt down the kitchen while trying to cook breakfast, and sneakily devoured all the sweets I hid in my cabinet. She'll never change, you know."