You don't do it for me anymore 8

The kiss definitely led to some other things. It soon became heated and it's pretty obvious what happened next. It wasn't my first time, but it's been so long since I've given myself to a man that it feels like it. 

Alerted by the first quiet sunlight rays of the morning, I open my eyes with a smile on my lips. I feel so fresh and delighted after this night. Wrapping the bed sheets around my body, I dare to glance at him peacefully sleeping beside me. He seems so innocent when he sleeps, but now I know that he's nowhere near innocent if you know what I mean. I stare at his perfect face and angelic features... thank god he shaved that beard of his!

"No regrets?" he asks with one opened-eye, his voice groggy and raspy. 

"No regrets," I assure with a smile as he moves closer to me and wraps his arm around my waist to prevent me from leaving. It's not like I wanted to leave anyway. I giggle a little and snuggle into his arms, not ready to leave the bed. I'm not normally someone lazy but I have to admit that we didn't sleep much last night. 

"It's Saturday," he reminds me, kissing my hair lightly. "I don't have work today so we can go anywhere you want. Amusement park? Cinema? Carnival? Bowling? What do you feel like doing?" 

He looks at me with quizzical eyebrows but I only shrug my shoulders as a response. I haven't been to a lot of places, especially the ones made to entertain people. "Didn't you mention a few days ago that you miss your little brother? I think it's a good opportunity for you to catch up with him."

"You remembered it?" he grins widely, pulling my waist for a hug "Actually, you're absolutely right. I've been talking on the phone about you and he's dying to meet the 'girl who changed my life'. He doesn't live far; we can arrive at his house in maximum thirty minutes of car."

"Perfect," I mutter while trying to hide my blush. Changed his life, really? It's more like the other way around. I know I already said it countless times, but I'm so grateful for everything he has done for me. I have no idea where or what I would be without him. 

After cuddling with each other for a few more minutes, we decide to grab a quick breakfast and drive to Nick's house. I have to admit that I'm a little bit nervous to meet his brother; it'll be the first member of his family to acknowledge my existence. What if I'm not good enough? What if we can't get along?

"Stop worrying," Joe advises me when he notices my anxious face. "I know that look, and I can assure you that everything will go just fine. My brother already likes you from what I told him, so you have nothing to be scared of." 

"I know you're right," I sigh a little, leaning back in the passenger seat. "But I have always been a self-conscious person. I can't help but wonder what if I'm not up to standard." 

He stares at me for an instant with sad eyes before pulling me into a warm hug. I snuggle into his arms, yearning for some comfort. Why am I so fragile? Even if I'm much better than before, I feel like small things can still break me. But I can't and won't let it happen, not anymore. 

"I will tell this until the end of time, Demi: You are amazing, beautiful, strong, and worthy of love. There is no reason for anyone in this world to not like you. Tell yourself that it's their loss." He smiles convincingly at me while rubbing my back. 

The way he says these words is so genuine. He means it, and just because of that, I'm starting to believe it. "Thank you," I whisper to him, plunging into his kind eyes. I then look at his lips before slowly leaning in. He ends up putting his hand on my jaw and kissing me softly. We stay in the same kiss for god knows how much time, but I can't help but feel lifted off the ground. 

If this is not paradise, I don't know what it is. 

°°°

"We are here."