Ruin the friendship 4

Demi's POV

I kick the garbage with all my force, my face distorted with rage. Residents of the city, who obviously don't recognize me, scowl at me as they pass by. But it's the last worry on my mind.

How could I be so weak? I curse myself for the previous events. I confessed to Joe so many things that I shouldn't have, instead of going straight to the point. I even started to talk about our failed relationship, when it's the last damn thing I want to think about! The worst? I let him hold me, while he didn't even deserve my presence!

Feeling a new wave of anger run down my body, I prepare myself for another epic kick until I hear some noise behind me. I turn around and as expected, camera flashes explode like fireworks all over the isolated alley.

"Thought we wouldn't find you?" sarcastically asks one of the paparazzi who has been following me since years by now. "Demetria, tell us... What were you doing at your ex's house?" He smirks evilly, satisfied to see my annoyed and outraged expression.

"Get the fuck out my way, I have a plane to catch," I growl almost desperately at him, before making my way out of the few idiotic photographers.

"Oh, I can already see the big titles!" chirps another one of my loyal pursuers. "Demi Lovato slamming the paparazzi; Ex-Disney star gone wrong? Or even better... Demi Lovato kicks garbage can because his ex doesn't want to take her back!" The man chuckles at his own sayings, clearly delusional. 

I try to be insensitive to what he said, but the last comment about Joe makes me slightly frown. It's close to the truth, dangerously close... The last years, I practically begged him for a little bit of attention, a little bit of love, but nothing came out of it. Now, I'm fortunately done with him, and I'm concentrated on moving on with Nick. Right?

I walk a few more blocks before I distinguish my friends waiting for me in a taxi. I accelerate my steps, hoping to get away from nosy paparazzi as soon as possible. A few seconds before I could enter the car, an Asian teenager with long black hair and watery brown eyes run up to me, shaking my hand and tacitly pleading for a hug.

"Y-you're everything to me...! I'm your biggest fan! I, I love you!" She screams-cries, emotion clear on her face. "Thank you so much for everything you've done for us over the past years, I'm so proud to call you my idol!" She wipes away her hot tears with shaking hands. "When I'll grow up, I hope I'll be not only a worldwide singer like you but also a woman who speaks up for what she believes in, moves hearts and change the world. Thank you for being our greatest inspiration every day and for making the amazing documentary that Simply Complicated is."

I smile brightly and embrace her with all my heart. My fans are not only my Lovatics, but they are my friends and family. I know they'd do anything for me, but what they don't know is that I would also do anything for any one of them.

"Thank you so much, it genuinely means the world to me," I tell her sweetly, and instantly her eyes well up with new tears. Aren't them all emotional beans, my fans? "The only tip I could give you is to never give up, and you'll see, you'll accomplish big things."

She frantically nods her head and gives me one last hug. I can see that she's in the state of shock; these kinds of meetings happen quite often, and I love it when I bump into dedicated fans. People who like my music, there are quite some. People who care for me, there are also lots. But people who stand by me every day of their life, who loves me for the person that I am, who are here whenever I need support, they're the rare ones and the best. 

"Also, consider myself your first fan," I wink at her, hoping that she won't collapse on the spot. After thanking me God knows how many times, and stammering phrases that I don't quite understand, she waves at me and scurries away with a giant smile eating her face.