You don't do it for me anymore 5

I try to focus on the action movie, but all I think about is how my life changed the second I met Joe. Even though we don't know each other for a long time, I still feel safe with him by my side. He has that aura like he genuinely wants to help people. I've rarely seen this sort of kindness, and I feel somehow amazed with it. He makes me think of Selena... Well, before she changed and became this cold-hearted bitch.

"Are you still hungry?" He asks me, seeing that I finished my whole part of the pizza. "If you need to eat more, don't be shy to say it. There is a lot of additional food and snacks in the house." He motions towards the kitchen, and waits for my answer.

"No it's okay, I'm fine," I assure him, rubbing my full stomach to prove it to him. "The pizza and the drink were delicious, so thank you very much."

"I'm glad you liked it. After all, I'm here to help," he cordially says, smiling at me. "Actually, I'm proud of us. We haven't been fighting for the whole day."

"I'm making a supernatural effort, you know," I joke, turning towards him on the couch. "I haven't been this long without any drugs, and I wanna thank you from the bottom of my heart for staying with me. I don't know what I would have done if I was all alone."

"I'm not leaving you, don't worry," he almost promises with a serious face. "And you don't need to thank me. If you're getting better, it's because of yourself and not me."

I nod, finally cracking a smile. Why does he always know the right words to say? It's amazing.

Suddenly, his phone starts ringing. He shifts a little uncomfortably in his seat, before eyeing me apologetically. "Sorry, I really have to take this call. It's from the hospital, so there must have been an emergency."

I motion him to go ahead, and he doesn't wait any more time. I look back to the television screen, but all I hear is his troubled voice.

"What? What do you mean?" Joe inquires anxiously, his phone glued to his ear. "How come? He was totally fine yesterday... I don't understand how his cancer came back this quickly! I thought the treatment has been successful; his parents were so happy!" He goes on, torn between panic and worry, while I gulp down the lump in my throat. "Okay, tell him to continue fighting like the warrior he is. I know he can do it! I'll be there as soon as possible; don't wait for me."

It hits me like a truck. Some people have worst problems than me; they're horribly sick and almost on their death bed, but they still have hope and don't give up. I wish I could fight for what I want too, instead of running towards drugs and alcohol. If only I was that strong.

"Demi

"Demi..." The doctor turns towards me, biting his lip. I gesture him to go, but he still seems quite hesitant. "I'm sorry for not being able to stay until the end of our movie. My schedule is mostly stable, but there can always be emergencies like this one. I will be back as soon as I fix the problem. Will you be okay on your own?"