Ruin the friendship 5

Demi's POV

Cuddled with Batman, I stay in bed like I did for the past days; isolated, sick, and cursing life. First of all, my throat hurts like crazy, and nothing can attenuate the pain. I've been drinking lemon-flavored tea for the past hours since it's the number one advice from every website, but I can't confirm its efficiency yet. I sigh deeply and snap a quick picture of myself, updating my dear fans about my terrible condition. 

Instantly, I receive hundreds of replies on Twitter; some saying that they love me, some wishing for me to take care and feel better

Instantly, I receive hundreds of replies on Twitter; some saying that they love me, some wishing for me to take care and feel better. Well, at least, I know that they care while some other people don't... 

Yes, most importantly, I'm incredibly pissed off with Nick Jonas. He has been completely ignoring me since our last altercation, or for the least, not checking up on me as he normally does. He always visits me when I'm sick to simply to give me some friendly company, but this time, no call, no message text, nothing. 

Did I do something wrong, or does he also want to leave me like his brother Joe? Bitter and moody, I scream at Marissa to bring me another full cup of tea, while my eyes wander to my floated stomach filled with liquid. I have to stop drinking this useless tea, but the taste of it is unfortunately addictive. 

"A little bit of patience, Dee," my best friend reprimands, handing me the fifteenth bottle of the day. "If you continue to drink like that, I'm afraid I'd have to send you to the hospital later."

"Don't worry," I carelessly say, pulling the mattress over my frozen body. How did I even catch the flu? Probably in Montreal; I heard it's a cold city. 

"Are you still waiting for Nick's response?" Marissa inquires, scrutinizing me with flexed eyebrows.

I shrug my shoulders, obviously indicating a positive answer, and look away. I know she's concerned about my relationship with him, but it's the last thing I want to talk about. So what if he doesn't respond my calls? This only proves that he's no better than his brother, I resentfully think, hurt before all.

"I don't know what's up with him," Marissa sighs, sitting beside me on the bed. "But you guys have been best friends since forever; I'm sure you'll reconcile very soon."

"I know, I hope so."

There's a small silence in which we merely think about some random things until a sharp ding echoes through the hotel room. We share a shocked look before Marissa, faster than light, opens up my messages. Her eyes gradually lose its twinkle and twitch into confusion while she reads the text, probably not what she was expecting.

"What is it?" I don't even give her time to react before snatching my phone out of her hand and reading the text with anticipation.

Oh my fucking god. It's not from Nick but from the one and only Joe Jonas. What does he want now? I can already feel my heart tightening and dribbles of sweat rolling down my spine; look at what he's doing to me just with a text, this asshole.