Sexy Dirty Love 7

Demi shyly entered the office, hoping that nobody would notice her dry tears. The last thing she wanted right now was people to spread rumors about her being a cry baby. She couldn't handle any more speculation; she was close to her breaking point. At least, she told herself that Joe was with her in this giant mess.

A deadly silence fell upon the businessmen when the woman entered the room. Demi searched for her boyfriend in the small crowd of strangers, and inwardly sighed with relief when her eyes met Joe's, who was sitted somewhere around the big table. 

"You may sit, miss Lovato," mister Greene commanded, his expression entirely serious and his posture straight as a ruler.

Demi glimpsed at the empty seat waiting for her, and didn't have much choice than to obey the chairman's order. She looked around, a little apprehensive, and understood that it was a genre of meeting with every important rank of the New York's biggest company.

"I believe you all know why we are reunited here, today," Joe Greene sternly started, his threatening eyes stopping on Demi. "I believe you all heard the rumors, and the news that spread around the media like some contagious disease." He stopped talking, while everyone in the room slowly nodded. "Well, we are here today to make a decision about it, and figure out what will happen now." He then shifted his eyes to the company’s CEO, disappointment clear on his face.

"The decision is pretty obvious," the chief financial officer interrupted, making everyone turn towards him. "Our company's reputation is already crashing down, and it has only been what? A few hours? Everyone is labeling Mr. Jonas as the manwhore-who-sleeps-with-his-assistants, and I can't accept this!" The athletic man abruptly stood up, and pointed his accusative finger at Joe. "If our company loses sales, it's your fault!"

"Don't be assertive, John," another businessman said, making Demi sigh out of relief. "It's not completely his fault. Don't forget the whole affair..." He coldly glanced at the assistant, disapproval impending from his mouth. "Miss Lovato, do you know it's against the company's policies to date your boss? It will affect the whole work place's atmosphere, do you understand?"

Demi bit her lip and nodded, feeling like she was a disobedient kid berated by her parents. She didn't dare look at Joe, scared to see his humiliated expression. The last thing she wanted to do was to cause him problems.

"That's why whatever relationship between you two must stop," Mr. Greene concluded, severely scowling at the couple. "Or the company might go downhill, which is our biggest concern right now."

Demi shook her head, silently glowering at him. She hesitated for a moment, wondering if she should be brave for once, but she decided to follow her heart.

"You can't force us to break up, because with all the respect due, it's none of your business," she finally spoke up, while everyone turned their surprised gaze to her. "We can promise to not cause any problems to your company, but we can't be separated from each other this unfairly. It's our decision in the end of the day, so you got nothing on us!" She confidently stood up for herself, trying to hide the  nervousness in her voice. 

"You're already causing a lot of problems!" The chairman yelled, his mood drastically dropping, and punched the table in anger. "And I didn't give you the permission to speak, so keep your whore mouth shut, miss Lovato!" He roared, while everyone stared at him with wide eyes.

Demi was taken back. Nobody ever yelled at her with such arrogant tone, and she felt highly disrespected. She looked at her boyfriend, hoping he'd intervene, but nothing. Instead, he avoided her eyes and slumped down the chair like he didn't have any link with the whole situation. Demi felt a punch in her heart; he seemed to not care one bit about how mister Greene treated her. She defended their relationship, put her only job on the line, and he pretended to not even care...?