Four: Mind of Deception

"So don't beat yourself up about anything because sometimes it isn't about you or you being her mother. Sometimes it just happens."

Treasure Brown

I waved at Latasha as she pulled off right when Rocky unlocked the door to his house. Rocky stayed in a gated community apartment complex. Even though I was upset with him, I couldn't lie and say that my baby didn't look fine as hell opening the door. His brown dreads were pulled back into a ponytail and he wore a simple white beater with a pair of Nike shorts and Nike Slides. He looked at me up and down, and I scoffed as he finally looked at me in my eyes. "Where you been at?"

 "Where you been at?"

"Minding my business. Remember you too busy to spend time with me so don't ask me what I'm doing or who I'm going with," I spoke. He didn't say anything he just walked back inside of his apartment and I followed, shutting the door. "Who said you can come in my house, man?"

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up before I slap the hell out of you Rocky," I spoke grabbing his keys for his car off of the key ring. He was sitting at his bar in his kitchen, lighting a blunt. "I'll bring your car back tomorrow."

I started to walk towards the door. "Treasure." I turned towards him and my hand was on my hip. "What Rocky?"

He put the blunt in his tray before letting the smoke come out of his nose and mouth. "Come here."

I shook my head. He had me messed up. "Nope."

H smacked his teeth before looking back at me. "Man, come here." I walked over towards him and he pulled me to the extra mile by grabbing my arm and pulling me in between his open legs. He looked at me and I looked back at him. He wrapped my arms around his neck and I rolled my eyes but I didn't move my hands. "What Rocky I gotta g—"

I didn't get to finish because he connected his lips with mine. Pecking my lips, he started to tongue kiss me by putting his tongue in my mouth and willingly I kissed him back. He let me go wiping my lips as I stared at him. "You know I love you right?"

I bit down on my lip. "You don't act like it."

He nodded his head. "Alright if I don't act like it well then I'm telling you that I love you. I didn't mean what I said, alright, I'll take you out tomorrow, just me and you, and we'll go to the mall and any other shit you want to do."

I tried not to smile but I couldn't help it. He was trying to make up for the fact that I wanted him to take me out but he said he didn't have time for shit like that and there was more important shit to do in life. But now I couldn't help to smile. "I love you too."

I put my forehead against his as he kissed the crook of my neck before biting down on it. I laughed, propping my head back up as he tried to pick me up but I shook my head pushing his hands away causing my arms to leave from around his neck. "Pick your sister up tomorrow and spend the night with me."