Fourteen: "The Sorry" Blues

"You knew I would see that and you were trying to purposely hurt me."

Treasure Pierce

I took a selfie, and looked to my left once I was finished to look at my sister entering the car. "What kind of coffee did you get?"

I asked while putting a filter on it and sending it through the app. I put my phone down on my lap and started up my car so that o could get on the road. She shook her head, fanning her mouth. "I got a vanilla latte with cream. Are we getting going to see momma after the appointment."

I rolled my eyes. "No you don't have to worry about Mama."

"Good. I don't want her around me or my baby." I shook my head but didn't say anything. She was mad at Mama because she didn't stick up for her or let her stay at home with her Baby and that she was locked out. But I just kept my mouth closed on the subject.

"Have you thought about what you're going to do when the baby does come? Are you going to college? Like let me know because we have to talk about these things."

She shrugged her shoulders, which I was expecting because nothing had been figured out. "I wanted to go to school but now I can't. I mean, I guess that's just not in my plan right now. And I was just going to stay with you."

"That's fine, but you're going to have to get a job. I'll see if Latasha can get you on at Forever21 since her aunt is still the manager."

"I guess." She hugged but she had no choice. She wanted to have this baby then she was going to take care of it not anybody else. Not my mother. Not myself. She would.

"So you're having a baby girl," she spoke. "It looks like she's having fun in there."

"What's that, her fingers?" Teighlor asked, smiling. Her face had cleared up and I had even braided her hair for her into a high ponytail. She wore a simple tee shirt dress with a pair of tie up brown and beige sandals.

"Nope. That's her toes. Now did you tell me that your last doctor told you you were five months?" Mrs. Parkerr asked.

I had brought Teighlor to a new doctor since her old one had relocated all the way across town, and she was closer to me. "Um, yes, is something wrong?"

"No it's just that the baby is more developed that what she would be at five months."

"What are you saying?" Teighlor asked.

"You're actually six months about to be seven really soon."

"Well I guess that means she's even closer to being here?" Teighlor spoke but with a look of distraught.

"Yes. You'll be ready honey. Let me go get your medication papers for your refill and I'll be right back."

I smiled as she walked out and Teighlor sighed. I looked over at her as she looked as if she was about to cry as she rubbed her stomach. "Teighlor wha—"

"The Baby isn't Pookey's. Please don't be mad." I shook my head and looked at her with a glare. "Are you fucking serious Teighlor? So you not only fucked one nigga raw, you let someone else too? What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I know. I messed up, but if the doctor would've told me the dates right I wouldn't be in this shit," she rubbed her forehead. "Fuck! What am I going to do?"