Six: Nothing was the Same

"All I asked my man was if there was someone else to work because I can and maybe I'm just that clingy and a problem for you right?"

Treasure Pierce

  I kissed Rocky on his lips as he texted back someone on his phone. I was sitting beside him with my head on his shoulder looking at him text Chance, who was asking if we were coming out to the club to celebrate Mike's birthday. I was tired after braiding Sav's hair this morning and I just wanted to lay down to be honest. I rolled my eyes thinking about Mikes ugly ass as I watched Rocky text back that we were. I looked up at him as he caught me and pecked my lips. "Don't pout. It's Mike. I gotta go out plus we ain't hung out with Sav in a little minute."

  I smiled. "I guess. Your gonna call Savannah or do I need too?" I asked. He put his hands on my waist and it the side of my neck making my bust out in laugher. "Imma call her. I need to talk to you about something though," he spoke. I raised my eyebrow as I propped myself up and looked at him. "I'm listening."

I was hoping that he didn't say anything that would piss me off, but it was Rocky. "I'm going to be gone for the next two weeks." I looked at him and pushed his hands away from me. "Two weeks? Why can't she get anyone else to do it Rocky?"

Rocky worked with his mother. They were partners for a truck business that his mother had inherited from her father. Rocky usually was in charge of the people who drove the trucks for the business but his mother had been changing things up. I looked at him, and crossed my arms. He stood up walking away from me and I knew we were about to get in one of our arguments.

I didn't move I just crossed my leg over the other one. "What's your attitude about? I just asked a question Rock—"

"I know what you asked me, Treasure, and I've told you before this is my job. She can't get anyone else to do it because I'm going to talk business with some important investors."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, that's all you had to say. You act like I can't ask you a question."

"I didn't say you couldn't Treasure."

"Well then what's the problem? Why are you snapping at me and getting up as if what I asked was a damn problem huh?"

    "Man, Treasure, I'm not going to argue with you over no petty shit! You stay trying to argue if I got up to get something to drink, I can get up! Chill the fuck out!"

I threw my hands up. "No you chill the fuck out! All I asked my man was if there was someone else to work because I can and maybe I'm just that clingy and a problem for you right?"

    He chuckled. "Here you go. Did you ever even hear me call you clingy because I didn't."

   I rolled my eyes at him as he drunk his water, but I didn't say anything while my phone started ringing. I looked down to see it was Latasha calling me. I put my phone on my ear while Rocky looked back at me with his own phone in his hand. "Hello?"

"Hey girl. What are you doing today?"

"Oh nothing. Tonight we're going to the club though for Mikes birthday. You should come," I spoke while I watched Rocky head out of the front door of my apartment. I rolled my eyes. "I can't. I have to work tonight and I have a bunch of homework to do."

Latasha was a dental hygienist and she had went back to school to get another degree. I was really proud of her because she had managed to do everything she did with her daughter. "Well okay. If you change your mind, I'll send you what club we going too."

     We eventually got off the phone and I headed to my bedroom so that I could take a bath. I loved taking showers but I was a sucker for laying down in the bathtub and just lie down in a bubble bath with blasting hot water. I loved me some me time and I figured that Rocky was gone so I was just going to drink my wine and relax.