Twenty

"I've been seeing Rocky."

I curled my hair and put my curling iron down. "You're dating who?"

"Rocky."

"For how long? When did this happen? Oh my gosh and why am I just now knowing about this?" I responded.

"For a couple of months. That story is for another day and I didn't know how you were going to respond."

"You've been seeing who young lady??!" I heard my mom behind me and I told Sav I would call her back. I put my phone down and turned to my mom. I looked at my mom. What the hell.

"Nobody mama."

"No I heard you loud and clear? I was just trying to make sure I heard you. That boy is about to graduate and your a junior. That is not okay."

Whatever. "Mama he is only a year older. It's really nothing to worry about. We're not even talking anymore."

"Well, good. I was coming in here to tell you that I got your money for the act in an envelope on the tables in the dining room. I'm going to bed and you should be too."

Treasure Pierce

I ran into the hospital seeing Teighlor sitting in the waiting room of the emergency. I ran up to her with babe coming behind me. "Teighlor what's going on? Anyone give you any information? Where is Coby?" I asked. I was completely frustrated and worried about my mom and my baby brother.

I watched as tears were coming down her face and she shook her hand with the other hand on her stomach. "I-I talked to the doctor and they said they were going to do everything they could. I just know that she was burned bad and I don't know if Mama will be back from it. Coby went to the cafeteria and he should be on his way back."

I exhaled a breath. I put my hand around my waist as babe pulled me to his chest. I tried but I couldn't help it when I started crying into his arms. I loved my mother and I could only imagine the pain that she was going through.

Savannah Emerson

"So what you're telling me is you want to be in a relationship?" He asked. I smiled. "I mean..."

"I don't know. I'm just not ready for that."

"You're not ready for that, I mean, I guess, that's fine, you know that's fine," I responded. We had came back to my house, and we started talking about each other and our relationship. Boom. There it is. The big question. I finally get to see how he feels and now I feel embarrassed.

"I never said I didn't want too, Sav. I'm just not ready for that. You just got back and we just got back close to each other, what if you find someone else you li—"

I laughed. "There's nobody else I like but you! I don't understand why you can't see that!"

"Alright for real?"

"Yes for real. The only person I want is you. I wanted you then and I want you now. I'm opening myself up too you. I always have and here I am embarrassing myself once a fuckingan."

"Alright so who's this nigga Brayden?"

I stoop up, frustrated and completely taken back because I hadn't talked to Brayden in a while. And that wasn't any of his business. "Brayden is just my friend."

"Yeah Alright. I'm about to go."

"Okay then leave. Yes we messed around a couple times but Brayden was and is just my friend. I haven't even talked to him since we started messing around."