Chapter 22.

Alessandra's POV

"Sit down sweety,would you like to say the prayer?"My mom points at my chair with a smile on her face.

"Sure mom."I say smiling back:

"We thank You Lord, for all you give; the food we eat, the lives we live; and to our loved ones far away, please send your blessings, Lord we pray. And help us all to live our days with thankful hearts and loving ways. Amen."

"Beautiful words my dear."My dad states.

-------------------------------------------------------

After eating for a while I decide to start the conversation.

"You know,I think it's time to talk..now that we are all together and everything is settled down."

My parents look at each other and share with me a very calm look.

"I think you are right Alessandra..Would you like to start with whatever you want to share with us?"My dad says.

"Sure,well..first of all I owe you an apology,I mean I don't think an apology will be enough to fill the pain I caused you..However I want you to know that I do understand that I was extremely selfish..I didn't respect you and it's like i never appreciated what you gave to me and how hard you have worked..You tried to give me everything and fill me with knowledge..which is beautiful..I think we sould always learn..And that is why I will study this year to enter Yale..I want to be just like you..You made me realise that you are my role models and I couldn't ask for better role models in my life..I love you even though I don't think I have showed you enough the past years..But it is true..I love you from the bottom of my heart and I am so sorry I had to do so much to you to end up telling you something like that for the first time..I'm so sorry,I hope you forgive me..I'm sorry..And i know that's not enough..I will do everything to make you happy again.."I bow my head and without realising it,a few tears escaped my eyes..

"If you want us to be happy you must focus on your dream in Amsterdam Alessandra.."My dad says and i raise my head in surprise to face both of my parents with tears in their eyes and smiles I have never experienced..They were pure smiles..and the tears..they were tears of joy..

"But-"

"Alessandra you woke us up from a terrible dream..When you left I realised that happiness means to have the people you love close to you,but you mustn't force them..noone must be forced..and i didn't realise we were forcing you to a life you never wanted..And we are beyond happy for you being who you are..For rebeling and fighting for your life..Because it reminds us who we were..and we were the exact same when we decided to become doctors..That's what we were dreaming of becoming and did it..Even though your grandparents wanted us to follow their jobs..I know my reaction and my sickness scared you too much and it was my fault to let myself fall..And i am really sorry too..I'm sorry sweetheart.."My mom continues.

"But mum you never liked my choices..how do I know you really like the idea of me leaving?I don't want to hurt you again..That would kill me.."

"It's not our life Alessandra,we follow whatever makes you happy.It's not our choices,we made our choices for our lives and it would be selfish to block your life..Besides,I don't think me and your mother ever really learned what you actually like to judge it..i think we were judging blindfolded because we didn't have the time to actually pay attention.."

"I want to hear about electronic music..I've heard it's cool AF."My mom says and winks at me.

"MOM?!Oh my god!"I say and we all burst laughing."Where did you hear that?"