Chapter 26.

I've been stuck with some "old" songs lately so, enjoy along with the chapter! :D

-Flashback-

A year ago Martin was in the process of creating a song with Alex.Their cooperation didn't always go that well.

Martin had a really intense argument with his girlfriend, Sara, and his mood wasn't at its best.He was getting easily angry and he wouldn't talk for hours.He was just sitting in front of his computer working on some songs that always ended up a mess.

Alex, on the other hand, was a perfectionist and he could barely stand Martin's behavior.The time pressure for creating these songs to release was stressing him too much to keep up.

He is a person that is not easy to keep relationships with.He doesn't reveal his feelings or thoughts to others.That is exactly why it was obvious he would eventually, snap..

On the other side,Martin was always friendly with people.He loved to make new friends and to help them out with their problems.Also he was always pretty hardworking and productive.All this behavior was something new..

His relationship with his girlfriend though, had costed a lot of his real personality.A few months after their relationship got official and public people ,as always started talking, spreading the rumors..Martin couldn't believe a word.He didn't want to..So, he was doing everything his heart was telling him: he was defending his love and he never thought of believing any of the rumors, not even for a second.That, had as a result for Martin to lose himself.

He would ignore people, get mad and get distracted almost every minute of the day.He never set his emotions free, didn't express any thoughts..Martin barely spoke..He was always so depressed..He would never be mean to anyone though. Except from once..Probably the time he did snap..But it seemed to be at the wrong person..Someone who wouldn't simply forget or excuse any of these, due to his condition..

General POV

"Good morning Martijn, how's it going?"Alex said, walking into the studio, holding two cups of hot coffee.As he hands one to Martin he sits down."You don't seem that well today man..Don't tell me you kept on working after I left last night.You have to rest."

"No i didn't..I was just hanging out with Sara..She came by last night to see me and before we knew it, it was 6 am."Martim says while keeping his eyes on his hot coffee.

"Listen dude..I'm just gonna say this as a friend..because I am concerned..

We've been working together for the past 8 months..I get to see you every single day, so I know what's going on..And all i can say is, that you really did change Martin..And that change doesn't help you in your personal or your professional life.. 

As for me, I try to keep up with that new personality..But what is new doesn't really help..You barely work..I do almost everything by myself..And all i see is you getting more and more depressed, day by day.."

"You don't have to put my name on the record Alex, it's all yours.."Martin says without showing that much of an interest..

"That's not the point man!I don't care about the credits!That's not the point now!"Alex says a little angry.

That is the moment that everything changed. Martin, who seemed to be so silent all this time, suddenly hits his fist at the desk, making his laptop, that was half sitting there, fall on the ground.

"That's not the point uh?Well it seems to me that's all you care about Alex!You try to make it look like you pity me and you want to speak as a friend!Well guess what!All these words speak nothing to me because i can see what you really are concerned about!And i need no one in my life to 'worry' about me or 'pity' me! That's the last thing i want!Now get out!"

"You are unbelievable Martijn..You take everything so wrong..What kind of spell did she do to you?"Alex says a lot calmer and obviously much more disappointed.

"Don't you dare to talk to me about Sara.Not you too!"Martin speaks as he seems to load his anger again."Now get the hell out of my studio!"

"Just remember my words Martijn..One day i hope you will see."Alex almost whispers and leaves the studio.

"Fuck you, fuck you all..Oh God.."Martin mumbles and puts his head on his palms..And without even realizing..he starts  crying..it's been years since Martin cried..and he was only 7...

-Present-

Alessandra's POV

I just sit there..After a while i decide to speak..

"And that's why you hate him so much?Alex you are being so unfair!He was devastated!He needed help!"

"When you reach the point he had, the only one who can help you and get you up, is yourself.Martijn had so many people around him that were so concerned and worried and that tired him up.He didn't need that.He was feeling like all this was fake and he didn't want people to give him that much attention..he was getting it though because he was by the time helpless.."

"But still..you were and still are so unfair!"

"I was one of his most real friends..and so was he to me.I couldn't forgive him for reaching that point because of someone who was using him.He was so strong.Always.And i couldn't accept that someone so evil turned him into someone else.Of course, he did find out and realized everything after a while all by himself..But until that moment he didn't believe any of us.

As for me, that's who i am and that's what i cannot forgive Alessandra..So now, that he is kinda recovered, I can't let him get close to you.After a huge shock like the one he had with Sara, it  won't be good to have him around you..I just cannot trust what is to come with him anymore..And you know i care about you Al..So, i feel the need to protect you.Be there for you.."He says taking my hand in his.

"I just hope you don't care the wrong way about me Alex.."I say and bow my head in concern.

---------------------------------------------------

New chapter is up my lovely readers!

Don't forget to comment and rate the chapter!

Much more exciting parts are coming!

So, stay tuned!

Enjoy chapter 26 for now!!

Thank you for reading! <3

Your friend,

xoxo