Paralyzed

Bellamy:

We carried Clarke through the forest. Octavia silently leading the way, occasionally looking over her shoulder to check if everything was okay. Her face slightly lower than usual. The pain clear in her eyes. After a few hours of walking Azuma and his search party caught up with us. He tried to take over for Octavia, but she didn't let him.

The clouds were dark and heavy above us as we came closer to camp. A storm was coming soon. But we didn't have much prepared yet for anyone who wanted to live outside. We had food, but assuming the storm passed after a few days it would take time before we could set up any type of cabins. All the wait to get out, only to be stuck back inside.

"Octavia," I called out behind her. She stopped slowly turning to meet my gaze. "None of this is your fault." Her eyes widened as she stared at me, as if I had read her mind. "It's not easy running things. But you can't blame yourself for all the loses."

Her smile was weak, but a slight hope filled her eyes as she silently turned around continuing through the forest. A little more jump in her step as she marched, her head held a little higher. When I was in charge I always had Clarke, and although Octavia has Azuma I want her to know that she will always have me too. She may not be responsibility anymore, but she will always be my sister.

Walking back felt endless. My muscles ached, my head was throbbing, and I couldn't shake the thought of all the terrible things they must have done to her. Who's kill would it be? As much as I want it to be mine it could be anyone's. Clarke's or even Octavia's we all wanted him dead by our own hand. I wonder what happened with the rest of the prisoners. I heard Kane talking to Abby on the radio earlier, but I was too distracted to pick up anything important.

"Where are we?" Clarke's eyes fluttered open as she mumbled through the pain. The sight of her bright blue eyes made my chest well up.

"We're almost home just about a quarter of a mile. Go back to sleep." I smiled down at her. Her face was tense.

Octavia looked over her shoulder a slight smile on her face. "I'm glad you're still alive."

"Where's Bishop? I have to kill him. He..." She began breathing hard, quickly trying to shift to sit up. Azuma rested his hand on her shoulder slowly pushing her back down.

"He's here. Don't worry we'll make sure we kill him." She looked around in search of him, but eventually she gave up. "What happened out there Clarke?"

She rested her head back down, tightening the sheets around her as we carried her. "One of Bishop's men helped me. The man that was laying on the floor beside me. Jones. He helped me in exchange I promised to kill Bishop." She stopped for a second blinking away any tears that glistened in her eyes. "Bishop killed his wife and daughter. He spent the last few years plotting his revenge. He died trying to help me Bellamy. I need to kill Bishop for him. That kill is mine."

Octavia stopped, turning around to face Clarke. "You two can make the kill together. I know Bishop has made you both suffer." Clarke nodded lightly. "Now get some rest, we're almost there and we need to take you straight to medical so Abby can check you up."

After a few minutes, we reached the ship doors. Quickly everyone filed in to avoid the rain and getting sick. All the search parties returned safely, some brought food on their way back.

"I've got it from here O. I can take Clarke to Abby." She nodded as we set Clarke's makeshift gurney down. I scooped her up in my arms gently trying to make sure she was comfortable. "How are you feeling?"