III

Meeting
Alex's POV

"Bye Tobs, I'll see you tomorrow or possibly later depending on how this goes."

"Lex give her a chance, bye babe." She kissed my cheek and I walked off to my car.

~~

"Alex are you excited?" My mom asked me looking back at me.

"Yea, I guess."

"Thank you for being understanding and trying sweetie, it means a lot, we love you." My dad told me as we pulled into the place I guess.

"Oh one more thing, she doesn't fully speak English." My mom told me as we got out.

"Wait what?"

"Come on honey." The walked into the building quickly to avoid the conversation.

"Hi, are you the Morgan's?"

"Yes we are. Is Brooklyn ready?" My dad asked the lady. Brooklyn hmm, I like the name.

"Yes she is, she got sort of excited when she heard she is going to have an older sister. You must be Alex." The lady said to me and smiled.

"Yep, that's me." I rocked back and forth on my feet nervously.

"I'll be right back, you can take a seat." She left us and my mom looked at me.

"You see she's happy to have an older sister."

"Yea, I'm even more scared, hope she doesn't have some standard or image in her head."

"Alex, you'll be fine." My dad told me and squeezed my hand. The lady walked back out with a girl who looked younger than a freshman. She had longish dark brown hair, my skin tone, possibly slightly darker. She got closer and I saw her eyes, which were glued straight forward.

She had some big eyebrows, but her eyes are indescribable. I refocused snd saw her looking at me confused, because I was probably just gazing at her. She had her hair in cool braids. She looked about 5'5. Shorter than me, but she's younger. I will say this she's definitely attractive enough to be a Morgan.

"So Brooklyn are you ready?" The lady asked her and she nodded her head.

"Why don't you go with Alex to the car and we'll finish up in here." Mom told her and she nodded again. Hmm not a talker, kinda like that.

We walked out to the car and I carried her nike bag, it was a nice duffle bag that was really heavy, so I was to curious as to what is in it. "You don't talk much do you?" She looked at me with a small smile and shook her head no. "Ehh, that's okay."

She looked at me curiously and waited for me to finish. I opened the door for her and she slid in. There was soccer stuff filing the right side of the back seat, so she's gonna have to sit in the middle next to me.

"Alright you girls ready?" My dad asked as they got in the car. "Yep." I told him and smiled. She was really cute, and quiet, plus she didn't seem annoying, so that was a plus.

"Brooklyn are you hungry?"

"Mmm, not really." She spoke for the first time, but quickly and with an accent.

"We know that you don't actually speak fluent English, so we can try to help you out with that." My mom told her and she nodded quietly.

"Are you excited to be in California?" My dad asked her and got a small nod in response.

"You'll be going to school with Alex, but you won't start until next week okay?"

"Okay?" She said it as more of a question than answer not sure what okay means I think.