Sunday-Funday

Mallory's POV

"All I'm hearing is that you can't beat me because some lame excuse!" I stuck my tongue out at Brooklyn and smiled. "Lame excuse?! I'm injured and I've fainted four times this week, I just have to take it easy." She said and shrugged her shoulders.

"Yea take it easy." She giggled and swung her arms around me and spun me in a circle. "It's great to have a friend like you Mal." Yea...a friend. It hurt to hear the word, but atleast we are friends.

She popped a ball up with her foot and spun. The ball came back down and she began juggling with her feet. She smiled at me barely paying attention to the ball. How does she not look at it? 

"I've done this so much I don't even have to look." I smiled and laughed. "I expect something like that from you." She sent it high into the sky before volleying it into the net. Lucy was having an intent conversation with some other girls and so was Steph, so Brooklyn just hung with me. 

"So where are Dani and Ashley?"

She shrugged her shoulders and frowned a bit. "I don't actually know, I was hoping to see the here. I nodded my head. I became friends with them too. I wanted to see the also, but they were no where to be seen. It was odd. 

"Maybe I should text them?"

"Yea, you should." I told her and we walked over to her bag. She grabbed her phone and sent a text through the group chat. 

She threw her phone back down and walked over to me. "Follow me...one second." She grabbed both of our phones and a bag and began walking towards the woods. She grabbed my hand and pulled me along faster. 

We jogged through the trees until we finally got there I guess a large rock, she jumped ontop of it and looked at me. She stuck out her hand and smiled. "Do you trust me?" I smiled abd reached up to her hand. We walked over and jumped down to an opening.

 We walked over and jumped down to an opening

"Trust me it's safe inside." She smiled and crawled into the small looking cave. She opened up her backpack and pulled out a flash light. Light lit up the dark area to the view of something unnatural. The cave was turned into a small hangout area. Small, but amazing as if it were for only one or two.

"I made this, I need alone time and I thought I would show it to you, in case you needed it too. There was a container and she pulled out two blankets as the day came to an end. She threw a blanket to me and smiled.

"No one comes this far...it's away and really peaceful." She turned to me and walked over to two electric laterns. She put them on, so she could turn off the flash light, more light came that way anyways. 

There were parts of rock that indented wide and big enough to be a bed. She had a blanket in two of them, but she's been the only one out here...? "Alex...one's for me, one's Alex's." I nodded my head and walked towards her.

"Why me though?" She looked at me as if it were obvious. "Mallory, you're my best friend." I smiled and walked over to her. She gave me a light hug and grabbed something else out of her bag.

It was a book. "If you wanna go back I can take you..." I shook my head and she walked to the wall bed. She jumped up and laid down and read the book. "Have you heard of it?" She looked at me and asked as she saw me stare at the cover.

'Go set a watch man' I shook my head and she smiled. "Maybe the first book, To kill a mockingbird." I smiled and nodded my head. "It's when Scout is older. I always found something interesting about this book."

She read for a while longer before packing her bag and we left. The teams were still there, but slowly starting to leave. I saw Brooklyn spot Alex and walked to her, so I walked over to Christen.

"In the forest alone with Brooklyn Morgan?" I shrugged my shoulders and smiled. "It wasn't like that, she's with Catley, but I am her best friend." 

~~~~~~

Everything seemed fine for a few days, a few days of peace until the next death came upon us. It finally hit really hard, because it was our own teammate who now rest with the fish. A single piece of rope tied around her wrist. Found in the ocean, she drift back to shkre to a group of terrified teenagers.