Cars

Alex's POV

Two week later school was already back? How?! Do they not care how many people died?! They had 42 deaths and 213 injuries. Is that just an okay thing now? I lost two teammates. Ashlyn and Ali were amazing people, they didn't deserve this. Yes Ashlyn fought some people, gave some threats, but didn't deserve death. Ali was one of the nicest people I will ever know. She shouldn't have died, but they were there for Ashlyn, and she wasn't dying before Ali. Ali took a bullet for her, but it wasn't enough. 

I sat in my class with Tobin thinking. She knew I was super sad about this. I'm just glad that she wasn't hurt. If it wasn't for Brooklyn's quick thinking to go into the closet I don't know what would have happened to us. 

Being with her in that room made me feel safer though. I think it would have been a lot worse if I didn't know where she was at the whole time. I think she felt the same way. She fell asleep as we waited to be rescued. She had snuggled up in between Steph and me and fell asleep.

I wish I could have slept until we were cleared to come out. I don't even know where Tobin was actually. It's bad to say, but I'm glad Ali and Ash we're together unlike Tobin and I. I'm not quite sure if one of them would have lasted without the other. 

"Hey, are you okay babe?" I shook my head no at Tobin. She had a frown on her face. Ashlyn was really close with Tobin. I felt bad for her. She lost one of her best friends. I wasn't as close to Ash or Ali. Everyone loved both of them. It was odd. The girl Mallory talked about died too. It bothered Mallory. She had just met her, but it still hurt. She was a human. Everyone deserves life and just to kill one person forty one other people died. 

"Ms. Morgan you don't look to well, would you like Ms. Heath to take you to the nurse?" Our teacher crouched down to me with concern. "I'm fine. I just- I'm still shaken up."

"Oh I'm sorry, all of you are in the teacher's prayers. I know you lost two of your teammates, if you need anything please tell me, or if you need a moment you can leave." 

"Thank you." I rested my head on my desk and sighed. It's only gonna get worse. Before I know it, I'll be next. They've been flying through the book. They don't even have the book, so what are they looking at? 

I felt a hand placed on my thigh. I looked over to see it was Tobin. She shifted her hand and gave a light squeeze. "Tobin this is not the time. It's been a bad month and I really don't to be teased in the middle of class." 

"We could always leave class..." I looked at her. She had a smirk on her face. "Come on Lex...I just need you to lighten up a bit." When she said bit she squeezed higher up on my thigh and smiled. 

"May Tobin and I go to the bathroom?" I asked our teacher. We left the room and rushed to the bathroom. "Damn it Tobin, now I'm in the mood, but-" she smashed her lips against mine and smiled. 

"I won't let them touch you...no one is allowed to touch my queen." I smiled and she softly pressed her lips to my cheek.

"I know it's hard on everyone, but it's even worse when everyone is sad. Be happy that you ever got to know them." I smiled at Tobin words. She was right, but at the same time, it's a hard thing to do.

___________________

Brooklyn's POV

"...Hey..." Alex walked into the kitchen and sat down next to me. I still had an abundance of homework. The teachers didn't want to, but had to give it. We need to try and catch up. 

I kept my head down on my papers. I don't have time to talk, nor do I really want to. I just wanted to finish everything. I want to go to sleep, honestly that's when I'm happiest. The last two weeks were brutal just thinking what if I didn't push us in that closet and we ran down the halls. 

I felt bad for Alex. I shouldn't shut her out. "I'm sorry if I'm not a nice person...I just...this is hard on me. What if we got hurt?" 

"It wasn't our turn..." 

"Exactly! Alex we're supposed to be the last to go. We're gonna have to miserably wait as all of our friends die. We can't stop this! No one can! I don't wanna be here anymore."

"Brooklyn...please don't leave. I-I kinda...need you right now." She lowered her head and eyes. Her hands fidgeted as she frowned. "I won't." 

Alex turned her head towards the door confused. Did she hear a knock? She got up and looked out the window. "Heyyy mom." Our mom and dad jogged down the stairs and opened the door. "Hello, is this the Morgan house hold?"

Two men in sits stood at our door. "It is, may we help you?" 

"Is Brooklyn present at the time?" One of the guys asked our parents they turned around and nodded. "May we speak with all of you?" About me? What did my family do now?

I walked over to the door as they came in. "Your great grandparents were rich people. Sadly they have passed away and have left everything to you. They have a million dollar trustfund for college and fifteen million for other things. They also left you their car collection. I have a feeling you know how much it is...we need to know where to bring the cars."

"Umm...well Brooklyn you can bring them here, it's not too many right?" 

"It is 27 cars." 

"Oh wow, umm we're gonna need to talk about this, but what if you brought them on friday, this week?" 

"That can be arranged, thank you." 

"Well Brooklyn it looks like we won't need to buy you a car..." my dad said and scratched the back of his neck while nervously looking at mom. "Or pay for my college..."

"We'll leave see about that." This is crazy, that's a typical word in my life.

______________

A\N: two things

You should check out the gifted, one of my new books!

Pls keep my friends ally in you prayers, she's going through some tough times and her abusive stepfather isn't helping matters.

THANKS FOR READING!!!!!!