Chapter 22

Hey guys. So I'm still having writers block so I'm gonna devote this chapter to Nash and Ashley. There will be a twist with Ashley Abby and Alex. And btw I don't remember how old I made Ashley so she is on a be 18. So enjoy.

Ashley's POV

So me and Nash have gotten back together and I've realized how much I have missed him. He helps me with Abby and he is just perfect. In my eyes. It's been really rough with Abby being hurt and all and Abby nor Alex know my mom is sick. She was diagnosed with brain cancer yesterday and I'm the only one that knows. I think mrs Grier knows and I'm gonna tell Nash soon. We're lying on his bed watching tv and I just don't feel up to do anything. "Hey. Ashley what's wrong. You've been upset all day." He asks sitting up. I sigh. "Nash. My mom has cancer and they don't think she's gonna make it." I choke out. He stares at me. Our families have always been super close so it really will hurt him. He looks at me and grabs my waist and pulls me into a hug. He hugs me tight as I cry into his shoulder. I could feel him crying a little too. I pull away and look at him. "Nash what am I going to do. Abby and Alex don't know and if she does die I'm still not the legal guardian. My dad is. I would have to go to court then hope they give two teen agers to their 18 year old sister rather then their own father." I sob. He holds me tight and rubs my back in small circles. "Sh. Ashley it will be okay. When and if it happens we all will be there by your side and to help. You already mother them like their your kids so you don't have to worry. We all will be here for you guys." He says. I smile as much as I can. I pull away and look at him. "Thank you Nash." I whisper. He smiles. "I love you Ashley." Those words make me so much happier. I haven't heard them from him in so long. I love them. I love him. "I love you too Nash." I say kissing him slightly before lying back down.
-
"So Ashely. When are you going to tell Alex and Abby." Nash asks. I sigh. "I don't know. I told them she had a business trip but I cant say that forever. I think I might tonight. Will you tell Hayes soon? I know Abby will call him really upset and I want him to be able to help her." I ask. He nods. "Of coarse baby. How about I go talk to him now and you go home and relax and see how your mom is." He says. I nod and stand up. We walk to the door and he gives me a hug. "Don't worry Ashley. We are all here for you." He says. He kisses my forehead and I walk out.

Nash's POV

When Ashley leaves I lean my head on the wall. Mrs. Turner has cancer. I say to myself. Wow. I feel my eyes tear up and I wipe them away. She is like my second mom. What will I do without her. What will Ashley Alex and Abby do without her. I sigh. I walk upstairs an nock on Hayes door. I hear laughing. He opens it an I see Abby laying on his bed laughing. "Hey Nash." he says. "Hey Nash!! Abby screams. I smile and wave. "Umm. Abby? I need to talk to Hayes about something important. Can he call you later?" I ask trying to sound super serious. She nods and hugs Hayes goodbye and walks down the stairs. When I'm sure she has left I walk in and shut the door. "Nash what was that?" Hayes asks angrily. I sigh. "Hayes listen to me. Mrs. Turner has brain cancer." I say. He looks at me. "Wh-what?" He asks. I sit next to him and look at him. "Mrs. Turner has brain cancer and they don't think she will make it to much longer." I say. With those words Hayes breaks down and cries onto me. I rub his back then pull away. "Hayes. Abby and Alex don't know yet. Ashley wanted me to tell you sooner so when Abby finds out you can comfort her without crying too bad." I say softly. He nods and wipes his eyes. "Nash. What happens to Abby and Alex if she.. Dies?" He asks whispering the last part. I shrug. "I don't know Hayes. I really don't know." I say pulling him into my arms and laying down. What will happen?

Later that night

Ashley's POV

After the 3 of us eat dinner I decide I'm gonna tell them. "Ashley I'm going to Hayes house." Abby says. I shake my head. "Abby wait. I have to talk to you guys about something." I say trying not to tear up. They look at me kinda worried and nod. We walk to the living room and all sit down. I sit across and they sit next to each other on the couch. "Okay. Mom is in the hospital." I say. Their eyes get wide and they look at me. "She was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer yesterday and they don't know how much longer she has to live." I say almost coming out as a whisper. They look at me and tears form in their eyes. At this point at how hard their lives have been they don't look like 14 year old kids. They look like 5 year old kids that have been beaten down with so many things. They fall onto each other crying and I can't even move. All I can do is sit here and try not to cry. Once I finally move my feet I get up and pull them both into a hug. We sit there for what feels like forever until we pull away. They both look at me with bloodshot eyes and tear-stained cheeks. "Ashely?" Alex chokes out. I nod. "Whats gonna happen if mom does die?" he sobs. "Will we have to leave you?" He forces out. I sigh and look at them. "I-I don't know. We will think about that when we need too." I say I look at Abby. She hasn't said anything at all. "Abby?" I whisper. She stands up and runs out the door. I watch her through the widow and she runs to Hayes house. Alex is about to chase her but I grab his arm. "Let her go. She needs him right now." He nods. I sigh and pull him into another hug and rub his back.

Abby's POV.

"She was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer. They don't know how much longer she has to live." That's all I hear until everything just turns to quite whispers that I can't hear. Ashley and Alex are talking but I can't hear anything. "Abby?" I hear someone say but it sounds so distant. I stand up and I run out the door not thinking. I leave my crouches and run as fast as I can ignoring the pain in my chest and hip. All I do is run to Hayes' house and bang on the door. Tears spilling out of my eyes. I hit and punch the wooden door until it finally opens. Nash opens it and I collapse in his arms soaking his shirt. He doesn't hesitate and he holds me as tight as he can. I cry and cry then pull away and look at him. He kisses my forehead and points up the stairs. I limp slowly up the stairs because of the new pain in my hip. When I get to Hayes' door I nock lightly and wait for him. He comes to the door and opens it. When he does he pulls my tightly to him letting me cry on his shoulder. He picks me up because he can see the pain in my eyes and carries me to the bed. He Lies me down so I'm lying on his shoulder and he puts two arms over me and holds me tight. "Sh. Abby. Everything will be okay. I promise. We all are here for you through thick and thin. We will never ever leave you." He whispers into my ear/hair area. He kisses my forehead as I feel my eyes get heavier am heavier.

Wow. Long chapter. Well my writers block is gone...for now. I am honestly really sorry I keep putting bad things but I don't know how to make it good. So I will keep going with this idea for a while then see what happens. I'm thinking about ending it around 30 to 40 chapters but I'm not 100% sure yet. I hope you guys enjoy it. If you have any suggestions message me. All right well goodnight and I love you all.

-Julia🌺