Chapter 27

Abby's POV.

Miranda's hand moves back for the 4 time but I grab it. "Miranda. Please stop." I choke out. She slapped me 3 times and punch my cheek 1. It hurts really bad. "Your hurting me." I whisper. She laughs. "That's the point Hun." she laughs pulling her arm out if my grip. "Miranda. What did I ever do to you? We all know you don't like Alex that way. So why? Please tell me why?" I beg. She laughs a little and sighs. "You took Hayes from me." She mumbles. I look at her. "Miranda. You bullied me way before any of that." I say. She looks at me. "Abby. You guys were best friends and your really pretty and nice and all of that. Obviously you would become a thing. I was so jealous. All I wanted was Hayes and when you guys stopped talking I jumped at the chance for him to be mine. I bullied you cuz I wanted you you to stay away from him. I didn't want to lose him again." She says. I take a deep breath. "So you've hated me for this long because Hayes liked me?" I ask. She nods. What a bitch. Just because she confessed doesn't mean we're gonna be friends. "And Abby. I will get him back. Trust me. He won't stay with you forever. He will come crawling back to me at one point." She smirks. This time I slap her. "Insulting me is one thing but at my own mothers funeral is another. Get out." I say. Pointing to the door. She laughs. "Yeah. Who's gonna make me." She says. I laugh this time. "You really wanna okay that game with me? okay." I say. I pull out my phone and call Daniel. "Hey Dan. I need you to help escort my friend out." I say. He says okay and I tell him where we are. "Haha. Who's Daniel. Your wimpy little cousin?" she laughs. I shrug. "You got one part right." Daniel is tall and very muscular. He wrestles and plays football. He will scare Miranda so badly. I hear a knock on the door. "Abby. I'm outside." He says. I nod. I open the door to reveal Daniel to Miranda. Her eyes widen. "Daniel. She needs to leave. Help her?" I say smirking. He nods. He goes to take her arm but she finches. "No no. I-I'll leave." She says running out. I laugh and look at Daniel. "Thanks." I say. He nods. "What happened to your face?" He asks looking at my bruised cheek. I shrug. "I fell I guess. Haha I don't know." I play off. He pulls me in for a hug. "I'm glad your feeling better." He says. "Me too." I whisper back.

1 week after

I haven't really talked to Alex since the funeral and he's still hanging around with Miranda. I went back to school For the first time since my mom died on Monday. It's been kinda hard but I feel better then I did. Me and Hayes have been together almost everyday and I'm hoping he'll ask me to be his girlfriend soon. We practically are dating it's just not official yet. It's Saturday and I am alone in my room. Wow I'm cool. I'm just watching American horror story when I hear the door slam and people moving around downstairs. I freeze. No ones suppose to be home until later. I grab my phone and my crutch to hit the person with. I fumble down the stairs and hide behind the wall. I'm about to jump out when I hear voices. "Your sister has been a bitch to you Alex. You have to do something." I hear a girls voice. Miranda. "I know baby. She's a brat and is used to getting everything she wants. She's so dramatic about everything. I'm so embarrassed to call her my sister sometimes." He says. "Yeah. I get what your saying. Like at the funeral I went to talk to her after you guys fought and she slapped me multiple times and told me so many rude things." she says. I blink in concussion. I never did that. Does Alex really believe her? I peek over and see him pull her in for a hug. "Yeah. And she even tried to get my cousin Daniel to lie for her. It's just sad." He says. I take it all in. My own brother doesn't believe me. I run upstairs quietly and grab my phone and jacket. I run down the stairs to the door. "Alex I'm going Hayes house." I scream. "When are you coming home?" he ask. Like he actually cares. He just wants time to make out with Miranda. "Idk I might sleep over." I say opening the door. "Okay." He says. "Slut." Miranda mumbles. Alex doesn't say anything. He just laughs. I sigh and walk to Hayes house.
-
Nash opens the door and hugs me. "Hayes is in his room." He says. I nod and run up. He's playing Xbox on his bed and I run up and cuddle into his chest. He's the only one that seems to be on my side in this whole thing. He pulls away a little and looks at me. I have a few tears in my eyes when he sees me. "Hey. Baby what's wrong." He asks. Wiping my tears with his thumbs. I shake my head. "Just Alex and Miranda stuff. I don't want to talk about it." I say. He nods and pulls my into his chest again. He puts a lingering kiss in my temple and shifts so he can play his game.
-
I've been at Hayes house for 4 hours and were still in the same position. We're watching a scary movie. Again. He got a boot leg (idk how he got one. Haha) of the quite ones and it's so scary. Something jumps out in the movie and I practically jump on Hayes lap. "Awww. My little baby." He laughs. I punch him in the arm. "Abby. Your very hot." He says smirking. I blush and laugh. "Thanks. I think?" I say. He looks at me I pulls my lips to his. It only takes me a matter of seconds to react and kiss him back. He tried to shift because I'm sitting on him awkwardly from jumping on him but we just fall backward off the bed onto the ground. We laugh but Hayes takes no time to reattach his lips to mine. I'm on top of Hayes when we hear footsteps coming towards us. I quickly pull away and move off of him when the door opens. Will is standing there giving us a look. I get red. "Hey will when did you get back?" Hayes asks trying to play it cool. "Just now. What you guys up to?" he asks raising an eyebrow at us. I shrug. "Just.. Chilling?" I say awkwardly. "Yeah okay. So are you guys dating again or do you just make out on Hayes' floor?" he asks laughing. Will has no idea that we are kinda dating. He's been gone for college for a long time but He knows about our huge falling out though. "Not dating. Yet." Hayes says with a smirk. I punch him in the arm. "And Abby. I'm so sorry about your mom. I wanted to come but I had finals. I'm home till next year though." I smile. "Its okay. And glad your home." I say. "Okay well bye will." Hayes says. I laugh. He rolls his eyes and walks out. We hop back on his bed and finish the movie.
-
"Abby?" He asks out if no where. "Hayes?" I ask mockingly. "Be my girlfriend?" He asks shyly. I smile. "Yes." I say leaning in to kiss him.

Hey y'all. Haven't been updating in a while. Well hope you all like it. I have been really busy with school an stuff so I will try to update 1 or 2 a week. Okay level you all. AND 14k READS. AHFKSDUSKSBD.

Love you all.
-Julia🐘🐘