Chapter 37

Abby's POV

So I haven't talked to the twins and dani since our sleep over and I want to know what they were looking at each other for. She texted me last night saying we had to talk and I'm kinda worried. She's coming over at 12 and it's 11:30 so....

12 o'clock.

"Abby, can I come in?" I hear her ask. We just walk into each other's houses now. "Yeah. I'm in the basement." I shout. I hear her come down and she looks upset. "Dani. What's wrong?" I ask. She comes and sits next to me. "Abby. I have to tell you something." She says shakily. I shake my head. "Wait. I just want to know one thing." I say I need to know this before she says anything that could ruin us. She nods. "What were you Ryan and Riely looking at each other about at truth it dare." She nods. "That's what I'm about to tell you." She says. Uh oh. "Abby. I have stage 2 cancer in my lungs." She says. My heart drops. I throw my arms around her and start to cry. "No dani. You can't. Your fine. You're your happy and bubbly self." I sob. She laughs a sad laugh. "Abby. I'm sick. And I can't do anything about it." She say as her tears start to fall. "Abby I can't die. Not yet. Not now." She whines helplessly. It kills me to see her like this. . I pull away and put my hands on her shoulders. "Your not gonna die. Trust me. You won't. Your gonna live to do extraordinary things with me Ryan and Riely as your best friends." I say still crying. "I love you Abby. We just met but your one of my best friends." She says hugging me again. "I love you too." I whisper.

Once dani leaves I knock on Alex door and sit on his bed. He looks at me weirdly. "What crawled up you ass and died?" He asks laughing. I feel the tears start again even thinking about dani. "Abby I was joking! Why are you crying?" He asks. I cry harder. "Oh my god. Abby, tell me what's wrong." He says sitting next to me wrapping an arm around me. "Shes gonna leave me." I cry into his shoulder. "What? Who's gonna leave you?" he asks. "Dani! She has cancer and she's gonna die and leave me with one less best friend." I cry. I feel his grip tighten "Shhh. Abby it'll be okay. She's not gonna die. She's strong, she'll fight. Trust me. She won't be leaving any time soon." He says placing a kiss on my forehead. "What's up bitches. We be here!!" Mark screams as him and Anthony walk in. I roll my eyes as more tears roll down my cheeks. "Hey baby, what's wrong?" Anthony says sitting down. I shake my head and cry more. "Dani has cancer." Alex says. Those 3 words make me cry even more. My shoulders shake as I sob into Alex. Mark and Anthony sit on the bed and wrap their arms around me. "Don't cry Abs. It'll be okay." Mark says. I nod and wiggle out of their arms and crawl up to the top of the bed and cuddle into the covers. They laugh as I pull the covers up to my chin. They all get off the bed and walk over to me and snuggle up to me just like we used to.

It hits me now that so much has happened in the past year. My dad Almost killed me. My mom died. I tried to commit. My brother hated me for a good few weeks. Dani has cancer. Nash cheated on Ashely. Jack Gilinsky saved my life. I kissed Anthony. Hayes stopped being a prick. I have my boyfriend and best friend back. My brother loves me again. I met my 3 bestest friends. Honestly this year has been pretty much hell. I used to wonder why all of this happened to me. Why my mom died. Why my dad hated me. Why I almost died. . Why did Hayes leave me. Why was I Bullied for so long. Why did everyone at school hate me. Why did it all happen. And now I know why. All of those whys and I wonders lead up to this moment right now. Me having the perfect boyfriend, and best friends. Being cuddled up with my day ones just like old times. Everything happens for a reason. And now I know why.

It. Is. Over. Not to toot my own horn but.... THAT LAST PARAGRAPH. High five me. Epilogue will be out tomorrow and sequel is TBA. But there will be one. Thank you for reading this story. I started it for something to do expecting to get like 20 reads at the most. And now I have 30,000. Wow. Thank you so much. Love you all.

-Julia🍼❤️