18: Ex-Boyfriend

Nina's POV:

I was inside my car, driving. But I didn't know where I was going. All I know is that I have to stay away as possible from Ian. I wanna ask him what happened between him and Nikki last night but a part of me doesn't want to know. I know that I can't run from all of these problems forever but for today, I will. Just for today.

After a 30 minute drive, I pulled over at some cafe. I needed some coffee to stay awake. I was at the counter when suddenly someone called my name.

"Nina?" He said. I turned to where the voice was coming from. I saw Austin, as in my ex.

"Austin?" I said to him. He smiled

"It's so good to see you!" He exclamied. He moved closer to me and hugged me, I hugged him back. We pulled out from each other.

"How have you been?" I asked him.

"Good, how 'bout you? Heard you've been dating your ex again" he joked. I laughed.

"Well it's a long story" I told him with a smile while rolling my eyes at him. He chuckled.

"Hmmmm, just sit over there" he said while pointing at the table near the counter. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What?" I asked him with confusion.

"My treat, just sit over there. We've got lots of catching up to do" he told me. I smiled and nodded. I made my way to the table, pulled out the chair and sat.

My phone buzzed inside my bag. I fetched for it and saw that it's from Ian. I don't know whether to ignore it or read it. But whatever. I unlocked my phone.

'Hey, I'm sorry about last night. Where are you?'

The text message said.

Really? Sorry? You forgot about me. The worst part is maybe you didn't forgot about me, maybe you just chose to be with Nikki. You think that one simple sorry from you will fix everything? The thought caused me to feel needles prickling inside my chest. I locked my phone and put it back inside my bag.

Austin came with a tray of coffee's in his hands. He sat down.

"Here you go" he said while handing me the coffee.

"Hot Caramel Macchiato, your favorite" he said. The fact that he still remembers little details about me just made my heart warm. I smiled.

"Thank you" I said. He took a sip of his coffee.

"So, you and Ian are back together?" He asked. I looked down, I really don't know what to answer. I shook my head.

"Not really" I told him with an awkward smile. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"But I thought" he trailed off. I sighed.

"It's actually a long story, but no, we're not together" I told him honestly.

"I can tell that your sad" he said a bit joking. I shrugged.

"You still like him don't you?" He asked me. I just stared at him.

"You know if you're not comfortable we can change the subject" he said with a smile. I smiled.

"I'd like that" I said.

Suddenly my phone started ringing.

"Uhmmm just a second" I told Austin and then I fetched for my phone inside my bag. It's Ian. I just stared at it.

"Why don't you answer it?" Austin said. I just shook my head.

"It's Ian?" He asked me.

"Yeah" I said with a low voice.