23: The Surprise

Ian's POV:

"He's a liar. He told me that he wanted me and I bet he told the same thing to you." Nikki said to Nina. What is this girl doing? Why does she have to be such a liar? I guess our divorce have changed her, damaged her. But I am too. Before Nina could even respond Nikki stormed out so fast as if someone is chasing her. I grabbed both of Nina's shoulders and turned her to face me. I moved my face a little closer to hers.

"Hey, look at me." I told her.

"What she said? It's not true, all of it." I added, she didn't respond. She just looked at me with wonder in her eyes. She closed her eyes and sighed. I thought for a moment that she's gonna slap me. But she didn't, instead she grabbed for my hand and held it tightly which took me by surprise. Then she looked at me.

"I believe you." She said softly.

"What?" I asked her with furrowed eyebrows. Not because I think that she's lying but because I didn't expect her answer. She smiled beautifully at me. She tiptoed and placed her soft lips onto mine.

"I believe you Ian." She said, her smile not disappearing from her lips. I smiled too.

"But why? I thought." I trailed off. She placed her palm on my cheek and caressed it.

"Because I trust you. I know for a fact that I am ready to finally trust you when I came rushing back to you earlier." She said, I chuckled and looked down. I felt my cheeks burning but no I'm not ashamed for her to see me like this. I wanted her to know what effect she has on me.

"And because she's a crazy bitch." Nina joked and we both laughed.

"I know" I agreed to her joke.

"I should go" She said to me.

"Please let me drive you home?" I asked her with two pleading eyes. She chuckled.

"Don't give me that cute puppy eyes" She said. I shrugged.

"Fine, but promise me you'll take care okay? Don't text and drive." I chastised her

"I promise." She told me. I kissed her one more time on the lips before letting her go. I opened the driver's seat for her. She climbed inside, before shutting the door she said

"Bye, get lot's of rest smoldy" she closed the door and didn't wait for me to respond. She started the engine and drove away. I'm still smiling like an idiot while watching her car from a distance.

Nina's POV:

I was inside my car on my way home. I can't help but think of Nikki, what she did was a total bitch move. A part of me hates her for what she did but I also somehow understand her. She has been through a lot. It must have been really hard for her to see the man she loves happy with some other girl. I couldn't even imagine myself in her situation. I can't imagine how broken and hurt she was inside. That moment when she told me that Ian slept with her, I already knew that she was lying. I couldn't help myself but feel pity towards her. It must have been really hard for her. For a moment I felt so guilty, I know that I shouldn't have had sex with Ian. Since he hasn't chose me yet and also because I know what it will do to Nikki. But I guess it's not wrong to be selfish sometimes.

On the contrary, I am so happy. Not only because things have got better and better for me and Ian but because I've finally learned how to trust him. I've finally learned how to not overthink things. I finally learned how to trust Ian's words and promises. I guess that's what love can do to a person. Yes, that's right, I can finally admit to myself that I love him. Again, and I am ready to start my future with him but only if he is.