30. Officially Mine

Nina's POV:

I froze to where I was standing. I don't wanna think too much or expect too much but why does he have a small box in his hand that looks a lot like a ring box? Okay Nina calm yourself.

"Ian-" I trailed off. His smile got wider. He took my hand and held it tightly.

"Relax babe." He said and then he slowly opened the small box. My heart stopped beating. Is he really gonna ask me to marry him again? As in right now? Wait why isn't he kneeling on the ground? That's weird. When he finally opened it it revealed a silver neckalce with a small heart pendant with a shining silver stone in the middle. I was flushed with relief. I sighed because of relief. Ian furrowed his eyebrows at me but he's still smiling.

"What? You thought I was gonna propose?" he asked. Wow how straightforward of you. I thought. I gave him a shy nod. It's really embarrassing. I actually wanna hit myself for thinking that he would propose to me. He caressed my cheek.

"Hey, I just wanna let you know that this time I won't rush things between the two of us. I just wanna take it slowly." He said softly. I smiled.

"So what's the occasion?" I asked him. He smile softly. There's a long pause before he answered.

"You being officially my girlfriend." he said. What did she said? I'm not sure if I heard it right. My started thumping so loud.

"I mean if you wanted to." He said in a rush. I immediately shook my head.

"No." I said in a rush.

Nikki's POV:

I saw Ian and Nina about to leave so I decided to follow them. They went outside to the garden. What are they doing outside? I asked myself. As far as I can see they're talking but I can't hear what they're talking about. So I decided to come closer to them but of course I need to say hidden. I saw Ian holding a small ring box in his hand. Don't tell me he's gonna ask her to marry him? No,no,no this can't be happening. I feel so relieved when I saw that it's only a necklace.

"So what's the occasion?" I hear Nina say. There's a long pause.

"You being officially my girlfriend." Ian said. What? My whole world collapsed and it feels like I can't breathe.

"I mean if you wanted to." He said. So he finally made his choice? And it's not me. Nina shook his head.

"No." she answered in a rush.

"I mean yes I wanted to be your girlfriend!" Nina said happily. Ian smiled at her so wide that it almost reached his baby blue eyes. I can feel hot tears streaming down my face. No this is not real. I told myself. I'm just hallucinating. Maybe I've had too much to drink.

Ian and Nina hugged each other. Ian is so happy. I can see it on his face.

"Mind if I put it on you?" He asked her. Nina just smile and shook her head.

"No of course." she said. It hurts me to see the both of them so happy together. Nina turned around. Ian pulled out the necklace from the box and clasped it around Nina's neck. Nina turned around to face Ian.

She's holding the necklace with her forefinger and thumb while looking down at it.

"It's so beautiful." She said to Ian. Ian smiled. It seems like they can't wipe their smiles off their faces.

"I know but not as beautiful as you." He said and then he grabbed her by the waist and kissed her on the lips. So this is it? I've lost the game. Or has there really been game? To me it seems like Nina won already even before the game starts.

Nina wrapped her arms around Ian's neck. Their kiss lasted for a while. It hurts so much. And before I know it I let out a loud sob.

Ian's POV:

Me and Nina are kissing. We're both lost in the kiss. We don't care who's watching. I'm caressing her back while her hands are wrapped around my neck. Then I heard a sound. Like a sob? Like someone is crying loudly. I think Nina heard it too because we both pulled out from the kiss.

"Did you hear that?" I asked her. She nod her head slowly.

"Yeah" she responded. Then we saw someone sitting on the grass not so far away from us. She's crying and sobbing. Is that Nikki?

Me and Nina looked at each other when we finally realized who the crying lady was. We decided to step closer to her.

"Nikki" I said gently. She stopped crying and then she slowly lift her heard towards us.

"Come here." I said and then I held her by the arm to help her stand. As soon as she's standing she immediately wipe off the tears on her face.

"So it's over." she said flatly.

"Nikki." Nina said to her. Nikki immediately raised her hand to signal Nina to stop talking.

"Don't talk. I heard everything." she said. trying to contain her sob.

"Nikki I need you to respect my decision." I told her. She glared at me.

"I get it." she said with disgust in her voice.

She turned her back on us and started to walk away but she suddenly collapsed on the ground and lost her consciousness.

------------
Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked this chapter! ❤️