36: Nikki's New Guy?

Nina's POV:

"Let's just go inside." Ian told me. I obeyed him with still so much anger inside of me. We are finally inside the huge cinema although only a few people were there because it's still kind of early.

"Come, let's sit in here. Melissa and Chris will sit with us later." Ian said to me. I followed him and sat on the chair next to him. I am staring blankly at nothing. I can't seem to get my mind off of Nikki and her pathetic act earlier. I can see beside me that Ian is looking at me. After his long stare and me still not looking at him while gritting my teeth, he sighed. He put his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm sorry this happened." He said softly. I finally managed to look at him.

"You don't have to be sorry unless you're the one who invited Nikki here." I said sharply. He didn't speak for a moment. But there's no sign of anger or disappointment on his face. Ian can actually handle my mood anytime.

"I didn't invite her here. I promise." He told me. I stared at him for a while and then I breathed deeply.

"Okay." I said to him while breathing deeply.

"I will try not to think about Nikki." I told him while trying to calm myself. He smiles and quickly brushed his lips against mine.

"Good." He said while smiling. I can't help but smile too.

"Where are Mel and Chris?" I asked him to shift the subject and of course also to distract myself from Nikki.

"I think they will be here in a matter of minutes. We are actually thirty minutes early before the film starts." He told me while looking at the crowd to look for Melissa and Chris, I think. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Andrew?" He said bemusedly.

"What?" I asked him then I looked to where his looking at. I saw Nikki walking with a tall guy with tan skin and brunette hair. My mouth almost fell open. What is Nikki doing? It seems the guy and her are flirting. I turned to face Ian.

"Isn't he also on the film?" I asked him. His eyes met mine.

"Yeah, he actually got a small role in it." He explained.

"What is Nikki doing with him? Oh my gosh, don't tell me that he's the one who invited Nikki here?" I asked Ian although I feel like I already know the answer to my question.

"I have a feeling that you're right." He said with wonder in his voice. Then Nikki and Andrew walked pass us. Nikki is eyeing us with a smirk on her face. I really want to hit this bitch right now. Andrew and her settled on the row behind us. Ian grips my hand.

"Hey, don't mind her." Ian told me and he kisses my forehead. I nod at him.

Fifteen minutes have passed and I saw Melissa and Chris approaching.

"Hey there love birds." Chris mocked as soon as him and Melissa are settled on their seats. I am sitting on the aisle. Ian is sitting on my left side beside me. Beside him is Melissa and beside Mel is Chris.

"Hi Nina, I'm so glad you came." She told me happily. I smiled at her.

"Of course I wouldn't miss this." I said while gripping Ian's hand and smiling at him. He gripped back my hand. Ian looked at his wristwatch.

"Only eight minutes before the movie starts." He said to us.

"I need to pee." He said with a small smile on his face. I chuckled.

"Okay, I'm coming with you." Chris said and they both stand up and left.

------------------------