44: Get Out of My House

Nina's POV:

As soon as we were all inside I immediately went to the kitchen to place the cake on the kitchen counter. I raced back towards the living room.

Nikki is sitting on the single sofa beside Alex. Ian's eyes went wide as soon as he sees Nikki in the living room. I really thought that things couldn't get any more awkward with my brother in here but I was wrong.

"Oh sorry my bad, I'm Alex. Nina's brother." My brother said with a smile while extending his hand to Nikki. Nikki took it and they shook hands.

"I can see the resemblance." She responded with a smile. I wish this was all a nightmare, my brother coming in here and Nikki showing up in my house with a box of cake. But I know that it's reality which really sucks.

I placed my hand on top of Ian's knee and I looked at him apologetically. He met my gaze and said nothing. After this is all over I really want to punch my brother.

"So I see you've got a cake for Ian." My brother said teasingly while giving Ian the side look. Ian just looked down.

"Oh no, no, it's for the both of them." Nikki said defensively. I think she's starting to realize why my brother invited her inside.

"Thank you" I told her with a smile. The least I can do was say thank you right? She seemed genuine to me. She just smiled at me in return. My brother chuckled. I glared at him although I know that he can't see it unless he looked at me.

"Ian, why don't you grab the cake that Nikki made for you, I'm sure you'll love it." My brother said mockingly. Ian didn't say a thing.

"She already said that it's for the both of us." I hissed. Alex met my gaze. I was glaring at him like I want to bite his neck off. He just smirked then looked back again to Ian. I looked at Nikki. She seemed confused and nervous at the same time. I feel bad for her.

"I, I think I should probably go." She stuttered, still with a confused face, trying to process everything that's happening.

"Okay, I'll walk you-" I told her while standing but my brother cut me off.

"But why? I'm sure Ian would love it if you stay." Alex said. The devilish smile is still on his face. I really want to punch him right now.

"Right Ian?" He said again then he looked at Ian. I glanced at Ian, he's just looking down. He seemed a little pissed about the whole situation. I don't know if he's pissed at my brother or Nikki for showing up. Maybe both but I can't blame him. I am pissed myself too.

"That's enough!" I shouted while looking at my brother with furious eyes. I am so mad at him right now. The smile suddenly wiped off my brother's face.

"Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come here." Nikki said and it seemed like she's about to cry. I sighed, trying to contain my anger.

"It's not your fault." I told her as softly as I could.

"Come on I'll walk you out." I said. She just nodded.

Nikki was already outside the door.

"I'm sorry about my brother." I told her. She grinned at me.

"It's fine" She replied and then she went to her car.

I slammed the door behind me as soon as Nikki has disappeared with her car. I raced towards the living room angrily. I found Ian clearing up the pizza box from the coffee table. My brother is still on the couch.