48: Lake House Day 1

Nina's POV:

We arrived at the lake house at 10:32 in the evening. I am dog-tired and I just want to lie on the bed and have a good sleep. I unlocked the front door with the key that my mom handed me before we left. This lake house is the first thing that I've ever bought for me and my family since I was casted as 'Elena Gilbert'. We've always dreamt of having a lake house where we can spend the rest of the summer but we don't have the money to buy one. So, I promised myself that I'm going to make sure that we'll have one, one day. I remembered my mom being so happy and she almost cried when she found out that I've bought the lake house. My mom always takes her friends here whenever they're in town. Whenever I visit them here in Canada we always make sure that we'll go here.

"There are four rooms upstairs, Ian and I will take the first room on the right." I told them as soon as were all inside.

"Okay, Paul and I will have separate rooms." Phoebe said.

"No you can't" I told her in a rush. She looked at me confusedly and so were Paul and Ian.

"Uhm, the heater is broken." I said.

"Only two rooms have a working heater." I said, Ian chuckled and I looked at him sharply, signalling him to shut up.

"My mom told me earlier." I added. Paul and Ian exchanged looks. Looks like Paul figured out what I was trying to do.

"Okay, so aside from your and Ian's room what's the other room that has a heater?" Paul asked. I am such a big liar, I told myself. But I'll do anything just to help these two get back together.

"The room across our room" I said immediately.

When we were finally inside our room, Ian shut the door behind us.

"Good work babe" Ian said with a smile. I met his gaze.

"Of course, have you not met me?" I said jokingly. He laughed at my statement.

He sat our luggage on the floor near the cabinet.

"Let's just unpack tomorrow, I'm really tired." He said and then he removed his shirt and sat on the bed.

"I agree I cannot wait to sleep." I said and he chuckled at me.

"You go use the bathroom first, I'll go after you." He said. I nodded at him.

"I need to put the meat in the fridge." Ian said. Right, I remembered our grocery bags downstairs.

"Babe, don't forget to set the alarm. We need to wake up early to unpack the rest of groceries and also prepare breakfast tomorrow." I said to him. He nodded and then he got to his feet and walked towards me. He planted a soft kiss on my forehead before heading downstairs.

The next day, Ian and I woke up at 7 in the morning. We immediately change our clothes and went downstairs. We started to unpack the grocery items and put them inside the kitchen cabinet. After that, we started preparing breakfast. I was frying some bacon when Phoebe and Paul walked in the kitchen.

"Wow, you guys woke up early." Phoebe said, she was still in her pj's. I met her gaze and smiled at her.

"You could've wake us up you know. We can help." Paul said. I shook my head.

"No, we got it covered." I responded.

"So, how was your sleep?" I asked the both of them. They exchanged awkward glances before speaking.