21: What My Heart Desires

Ian's POV:

I woke up because my phone buzzed beside me. I immediately grabbed to check who it was. It was a text from the director of my new film. The text says

'Tomorrow is the day. Get lot's of rest and DON'T BE LATE'

"Shit" I muttered to myself because I forgot about the filming. Why do I seem to forget important things lately? I asked myself. I sat up from the bed. Wait, so that means that I only have today to reach out to Nina and somehow fix the problem. I know that I will get super busy. I don't want her to think that I already gave up on her. I should do something today. I checked the time, it's 9 in the morning. I breathe deeply before hitting her number up. After several rings she picked up.

Me: "Hey"

Nina: "What do you want?"

Me: "I, I just remembered something"

Nina: "And what is that?"

Me: "Remember the lunch you owe me?"

Nina: "Yeah. What  about it?"

Me: "I want it to be today"

Nina: "What?!"

Me: "Cook for me. Here in my house"

Nina: "And why do you think that I would do that?"

Me: "Because you owed me. See you in an hour"

She was about to say something but then I hung up the phone. I really don't know whether she'll show up or not. At least I tried. If she didn't show up, I'll make a plan B.

Nina's POV:

Ian hung up on me. What is wrong with him? There is no way that I will go to his house and cook for him. I'll do whatever the hell I want today. But he's right, I owe him a lunch. Maybe if I do what he was asking for he'll finally stop bugging me? I asked myself. I shrugged because I really don't know what to do. I know Phoebe told me to stop worrying, but how will I do that if he kept on bugging me whenever, wherever? I stared at my wall in my bedroom and think deeply. Maybe I should call Phoebe? Yep, that's right, that's what I'm gonna do. I hit her number up. She picked up.

Me: "Uhm, I'm sorry to disturb you this early"

Phoebe: "No it's fine. What's up?"

Me: "Here's the thing, I owed Ian a lunch a few weeks ago. He just called like minutes ago and he wanted me to fulfill it. Today, in his house"

Phoebe: "Like what I told you Neens. Do whatever you want. Just follow what your heart desires"

Me: "Okay, thank you Phoebe"

Phoebe: "It's fine. Love ya Neens"

Me: "Love ya"

After that Phoebe hung up. What does my heart desires? I asked myself. A part of me wanted to go because I miss Ian, I miss his face, his voice, his touch. A part of me doesn't want to because I know with just one single touch from him, I will give in instantly. My phone buzzed, I thought it was Phoebe, but it's not.

'I already went shopping for grocery items. So you don't have to drop by at the grocery anymore.'

Ian texted. I threw my phone on my bed and I sat on the floor with lot's of thoughts going on in my mind.

Ian's POV:

I'm already done taking a shower and I already cleaned up the house a bit because Nina might decide to come. I'm wearing a jeans and a shirt and with my shoes on even tho I'm not going anywhere. I just thought that I should wear something nice for Nina. I sat on my couch and watched T.V while I was waiting for her. 2 hours have passed and she didn't showed up. Maybe she will not show up anymore? Is it time for plan B? I asked myself. I checked my phone to see if she responded to my text message. But she did not. Alright, time for plan B.I told myself.  I was about to make my way to the kitchen, suddenly my doorbell rang. My heart almost jumped with excitement at the thought that maybe it's Nina. I opened the door and saw her standing on my porch. Her hair is tied up in a messy bun. She has her sunglasses on. She's wearing a brown leather jacket with a white shirt on the inside and a ripped jeans short.