25: LA to NY

Nina's POV:

I'm still in shocked. Heartbroken. Maybe it's an old picture of Ian? I kept telling myself that. But no matter how much I try I couldn't still make my mind at ease. I wanted to cry but anger is filling up inside me. How could he do that? I asked myself. I didn't come to New York with him because I wanted to give him time to think. Not to kiss a tall, blonde and gorgeous model in a public place. I know I told him that there's no commitment between the two of us but somehow it's not right to flirt with someone else and I thought that he knew that. My phone started ringing. It's Nikki, god can't she just give it a rest? At least just for today? I pick it up.

Me: What do you want?

Nikki: (chuckled) I guess you saw it.

Me: Go away. I have no time for your bullshit.

Nikki: Is it really bullshit? That I've told you that Ian is roaming around New York City flirting with a model?

Me: Unlike you I have better things to do than watch every Ian's move on social media.

Nikki: And what is that? Believing every word he's saying and that he's being completely honest and faithful to you?

Me: Go away.

Just then I hung up on her. This bitch is really just making things more complicated. God I hate her. Why did Ian even married her? I asked myself. No matter how much I wanted to understand Nikki's behaviour, what she's doing is already too much. I know that maybe what she said about her birth control pills is true. But it's all in the past now. I know Ian would never do such things. I hit Julianne's number. She picked up.

Julianne: Hey. How's it going? Miss me already?

Me: Juls listen, I have a problem. Can you come over to my place right now?

Julianne: As in right now?

Me: Yeah

Julianne: Okay, be there in thirty.

------------------------------------------------------

"Neens, what seems to be the problem?" Julianne asked me. We're in my living room, sitting on the couch.

"Have you checked your twitter yet?" I asked her. She furrowed her eyebrows at me. She shook her head.

"No. I was driving on my way home and then you called me and asked me to come over." She said sounding bemused. I took a deep breath. I unlocked my phone and tap the twitter icon. I searched for Ian's pictures.

"You should see this." I said while I hand her my phone. She reached for it and then her eyes widened as soon as she saw the picture.

"No way!" she exclaimed.

"I thought you told me that both of you were in good terms?" she asked.

"That's what I thought too." I told her in a low voice. Julianne moved closer to me and pulled me into a hug.

"Everything's going to be okay Neens." She said in my ears.

"I don't know about that." I said, about to cry.

"What you should do is ask him about it. You should know the real story behind it. Call him okay?" she said and then she pulled out from the hug. I just nodded at her.

"I really have to go Nina. My husband will be home in two hours, I need to clean up the house a bit." She said. I smiled at her.

"Okay. He's very lucky to have you. Thank you for being such a good friend." I told her.

Juls already left. She's right I should call Ian but I have a much better plan in mind. I went straight to my bedroom and fetched my laptop and sat on my bed. I need to book a flight to New York. I want to ask Ian face to face. I want to see his reaction. Or maybe I can catch him and his model on action. The sooner that I get there the better. I have to book the next flight. After I've finished I closed my laptop and breathed deeply. Okay, I still got two hours before my flight. I need to pack my things and shower. I fetched a small suitcase of mine. I stuffed a few clothes and a pair of shoes in there. I have no plan in staying long in New York.

I was inside the plane. It's a five hour flight but I can't fall asleep. Nikki's words are still bugging me. Ian's picture kissing a model is still making my heart break. Before I left my house Ian is calling my phone. But I didn't dare answer it. I guess he already saw his pictures online. I needed to know the truth. I need to ask him in person because in that case I'll know if he's lying or not. I decided to open my laptop and watch Mean Girls instead. Maybe watching a movie could help me take my mind off of Ian and Nikki a bit.

I was already in the cab going to the hotel where Ian is staying. I know his room number because he told me about it as soon as he reached the hotel. The cab pulled over in front of the hotel. I climbed out the cab and fetched my suitcase inside the trunk of the cab. I went inside, I was at the lobby of the hotel and I went straight to the elevator. The elevator door opened and I hit the 18th floor. My heart was pounding so loud against my chest. For a moment I want to back out. I want to be out of this hotel, get a cab and went straight home to L.A. But no, I should do this. I need to be brave. I need to know the truth. The elevator door opened and just then I realized that I was already on the 18th floor. I searched for Ian's room number. When I finally found it, I don't know whether I should knock, scream or hit the doorbell. Am I really prepared for this? To know the truth? What if he's not inside his room? What if as soon as the door opened I saw a blonde model instead of him? Can I really handle that? I breathed deeply. I'm already here, there's no turning back. I hit Ian's doorbell.

Ian' POV:

I was already finished taking a shower. I am so tried today. I was lying in my bed with my phone in my hand. Nina is still not picking up her phone nor answering my text messages. I'm sure that she saw the pictures. I really hate the paparazzi's. I decided to text Nina.

'Goodnight Neens. Hope you'll talk to me tomorrow.' I texted her. I put my phone under my pillow. I was already on the verge of sleeping when suddenly my doorbell rang. Who could possibly that be? Does this person know that it's already late in the evening? I sat from the bed annoyed because my supposed to be goodnight sleep is interrupted.

"Who's that?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. No one's answering so I decided to open the door with annoyance on my face. I saw Nina standing outside my room. Is she really here? Or am I just dreaming?

"Hey" I told her softly.

"We need to talk." She said in a stern voice. I blinked rapidly.

"Yeah sure. Come on in" I told her I moved my body sideways so that she could come in.

"Hey Neens are you angry? You seem like it." I told her. She looked at me with dead eyes and then she reached inside her shoulder bag. She fished her phone out. She tapped on her phone as if she's searching for something. She handed me her phone aggressively.

"Explain that." She said with disgust in her voice. I furrowed my eyebrows. I looked at her phone and saw a picture of me kissing a blonde girl. I looked at Nina and searched for her eyes.

"Say something!" she exclaimed. As much as I tried to contain it, I couldn't. And before I even knew it I burst out into laughter.

----------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update. Hope you guys liked this chapter! :)

Ps: FLATLINERS IS ALREADY OUT! We should support our girl Nina 😊 btw I've already watched it. It's a good one! Plus Nina have a lot of scenes. 😊