29: Weskin

Nikki's POV:

Phoebe took Nina's hand and then she pulled her as far away as possible from me and Kat. Kat placed her hand on my shoulder. I turned my head to look at her.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have invited you here. I promise I didn't know Ian would be here." she said defensively. I smile at her.

"It's okay Kat. It's not your fault." I said, reassuring her.

"By the way, so you and Nina are not in good terms?" she asked me. Curiosity is plastered on her face. I look down and then I sigh.

"It's actually a long story. Don't worry about it." I told her.

"Is it about Ian?" she said slowly as if she's not sure if she's should ask me.

"Kat we're on a party. Let's not talk about my relationship with Ian." I told her politely. She shook her head and gave me a reassuring smile.

Nina's POV:

"I can't believe she actually came to my birthday party!" Phoebe hissed.

"I mean, even if Kat is the one who invited her she shouldn't have had thought that I would be happy about it." she said angrily. I meet her gaze.

"Relax Phoeb's, it's your birthday. Try not to stress yourself." I told her.

"She's right." Paul chimed in behind us.

"Let's go find Ian so I can finally have Phoebe all to myself." Paul said but I know that he is only half-joking. Phoebe chuckled because of his statement.

We saw Ian walking with drinks in his both hands.

"Ian!" Paul shouted against the loud music. To my surprise Ian heard him and shift his head to where the voice was coming from. He immediately smiled when he saw us and then he sauntered his way to us.

"Hey babe, sorry there's a really long line at the mini-bar. I have to fall in line to get our drinks." He said cheerily. His smile suddenly faded when he saw my not so happy face.

"What's wrong? Did something happen? You look upset." He said with concern. I didn't say anything. I grab the drink from his hand and I drink it and emptied the glass.

"Hey take it easy. Care to tell me what happened?" He asked again. I wipe my mouth using the back of my hand.

"Nikki's here" Paul said in a flat voice. Ian's eyes suddenly went wide.

"And Her and Nina got a little bit of a scene back there." Phoebe said.

"What?!" Ian said loudly.

"Why is she here?" Ian asked with irritation.

"Kat invited her." I said when I finally managed to find my voice. Ian looked at me for a moment.

"Guys can I please talk to Nina alone?" Ian said. Neither Phoebe or Paul responded. They just left. Ian held both of my hands.

"Y'okay?" he asked me.

"I guess." I mutter. He pulled me into a hug. I can hear his heartbeat against my ear.

"Don't stress yourself okay? My attention is all on you. You're the only girl that I will look at in this party." He said. I can't help but blush and smile. I let out a chuckle.

"And why's that?" I asked him.

"Because you're my girl." He said with no hesitation. 'Perfect' by Ed Sheeran started playing.

"I love this song." I told him. His arms still wrapped around me and vice versa. I notice that people started to form a circle to where everyone was dancing. I quickly pull out from Ian's hug to look what is happening. I saw Paul and Phoebe slow dancing in the middle. They're the only one dancing. I shift my head to Ian.

"What's happening?" I asked him with furrowed eyebrows. A smile formed on his lips.

"You'll see" he said without looking at me and still looking to where Paul and Phoebe is. Candice came into the picture and handed Paul a microphone. My suspicion arises.

"Are they doing a production number?" I asked Ian while still looking at the couple. He laughed at my statement.

"So much better than that" he responded. I can see that Phoebe is also clueless about to what Paul is up to. Paul held Phoebe's hand while holding the mic in his other hand. He put the mic below his lips.

"Happy birthday baby." Paul said using the mic. Phoebe flushed and smiled.

"I just wanna let you know how special you are to me and how much you make me happy" he continued. I can't help but smile. I am happy that they're both happy. Ian wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I don't really know how to do this thing." Paul chuckled and then the crowd surrounding them laughed along with him. Suddenly Paul knelt onto the ground. Phoebe's eye went wide while her hand is covering her mouth as a gesture of surprise. The crowd gasped. Including me but not Ian. I wonder why. I can see how shock Phoebe is. And so am I. I immediately turned to Ian.

"Oh my gosh! Is he gonna propose to her?!" I blurt out. Ian met my gaze.

"Ssshhh babe, you're too loud." he said to me in a whisper. Paul is reaching something in his pocket. Then I saw a black ring box in his hand. Oh my gosh, it's really happening! Phoebe started crying. The crowd started to cheer for the couple including me. Paul opened the ring box.

"Phoebe Jane Elizabeth Tonkin." He said and then there's a long pause. I can hear Paul's breathing through the mic.

"Will you marry me?" He said. The crowd started cheering again. I can't help but clap and shout at the same time because of how happy I am for the both of them. Phoebe can't seem to find her voice so she just nod instead. Paul stood up and pulled her into a hug. I also hugged Ian.

"Let's go outside." Ian whispered to my ear. I furrowed my eyebrows because of confusion but still I followed him outside.

Ian took me to the garden outside. We're standing face to face with each other.

"Did you know all about Paul's plan?" I asked him.

"Yes" he said firmly. I pout a little.

"That's so unfair! How come you haven't told me about it?" I sassed at him. He laughed.

"Because girls will be girls. I know how excited you will be. And who knows? maybe you will tell Phoebe about it unintentionally." He said while still a bit laughing. I started to feel anger inside me.

"So you think I can't keep a secret?" I told him firmly. He smiled at me. If he's mocking me then he's succeeding.

"Neens, I was just joking. Paul told me not to. He said he wanted to surprise everyone." He explained.

"But that's not what I ask you to go out here with me." he said. Then why? I asked myself.

"Why are we here?" I asked him irritably but instead of answering he just gave me a smile. I can't help but smile too.

"Ian, what are you up to?" I asked him. The smile never leaving my face. He reached something inside the back pocket of his jeans. Then I saw him holding a small velvet blue box in his hand. My whole world stopped. My throat tightened.

--------------------
5k reads! Thank you so much guys! ❤️