28: Party Crasher

Nina's POV:

"Hey Neens, where are you right now?" Paul asked me over the phone. My heart skipped a bit and then I'm unable to speak.

"Hey Paul, I'm in New York right now." I said in a hesitant voice. Not sure if I should tell him the truth. He didn't respond for a moment. When he finally did he said.

"Oh, so you're a stage girlfriend now?" he mocked.

"No! I was just...." I trailed off. Gosh, sometimes I hate myself for not being so good at lying.

"Visiting" I said firmly. I heard him chuckle on the other line. Sometimes Paul could really get into my nerves because he has the ability to tease me and drive me nuts.

"Visiting huh." He said, in a tone as if he's saying that he doesn't believe me. I gather my voice before responding so that it will be somehow believable.

"Yeah, Ian asked me to visit him." I said.

"Why did you call anyway?" I asked him, hoping that it would change the subject and it did.

"I just wanna remind you that Phoebe's birthday is in three days and since you're with Ian I figure if you could tell him too?" he said. Good, I think he totally forgot about mocking me.

"Oh my gosh! I almost forgot! Sure I will tell Ian. Thank you for reminding anyway." I exclaimed. He laughed.

"It's okay. I know you're kind of distracted with Ian's abs." he said. Here we go again. Classic Paul. I rolled my eyes even though I know that he won't see it.

"Whatever. Where's the venue?" I asked him before I forgot.

"Oh yeah, that. It'll be on mine and Phoebe's apartment." He said.

"Okay we'll be there."I respond.

"See you Neens." He said. Finally, Paul's mockery is about to end.

"See ya." I said.

"And oh, don't forget to tell Ian I said hi." He said.

"I will." I said and then I hung up the phone.

-----------------------------------

Ian's POV:

We are inside my car on the way back to the hotel. Nina is still not talking to me. I wonder what she's thinking. I hear her clearing her throat and then she shift to my direction and said.

"Paul called earlier." She said but I can sense that her mood is a little lighter now.

"What did he said?" I asked still not looking in her direction.

"He wants to inform us that Phoebe's birthday is in three days." She said and surprisingly she's not speaking to me coldly.

"Shoot! I almost forgot about that." I exclaimed. She looked at me and then she laughed. Wait, she's laughing?. Is she okay now? Or is it just my expression is just really funny?

"Me too" she said, still laughing. I look in her direction and I saw that her smile is almost reaching her two beautiful brown eyes. I gave her a smirk.

"You seem joyous. What happened?" I asked her while shifting my eyes from her to the road.

"What do you mean what happened? Nothing happened." She said, happily.

"Well you seem happy now than this morning." I said. She sighed deeply and then she placed her soft hand in mine. I stiffen a little bit because I wasn't expecting that from her. I thought that she's still mad and disappointed in me.