43: Hello, Nikki

Nina's POV:

As soon as I land on the bed beside Ian, I immediately peek on his laptop. I chuckled as soon as I saw what he's watching.

"Binge watching 'Game of Thrones' again?" I commented with a smile. I met his gaze then I quickly plant a soft kiss on his lips. He removed his earphones from his ears.

"What? I love this show" He said with a smirk. It's true, he's obsessed with it. I really lost count how many times he had watched it. Sometimes I watch it with him.

"It's pretty obvious" I mocked him. He laughed softly. He immediately cleared his throat.

"How's the movie?" He asked with a smile. I really wish Ian was with us earlier, I'm sure he'll enjoy the movie as much as my brother did.

"It was great" I said, actually not believing myself that I enjoyed the film. It's really not my type of movie.

"I thought you'd be asleep by now." I said. I noticed that his blue eyes looked really sleepy while observing his beautiful face.

"I decided I should wait till you get back." He explained. Ian has always been like that. He won't sleep until he knows I got home safe. He smiled at me. I noticed that sadness in his eyes is still not gone. I placed my palm against his cheek. I can feel the warmth of his skin against my hand.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, although I know exactly what's wrong. He just looked down and shook his head. He raised his head to look at me again.

"Is it about Alex?" I asked. Again, I already know the answer to my question. He didn't respond. He just held my hand that is placed on his smooth cheek.

"I'm sorry" I said sadly. I really am sorry. I just wish Alex did inform me about his visit so I could at least think of something and prevented this kind of situation. He shrugged.

"Why are you apologizing?" He said while rolling his eyes. I know that I shouldn't be the one apologizing but Alex is my brother and he's acting the way he is because of me.

"It's all fine" He said in a soft voice then he put his other hand on the back of my head and pulled me closer to him to kiss my forehead.

"How much did you hear?" I asked as soon as he releases me. I wish I could do something to make him feel better.

"Just a part of it" He said with a smirk. I know that he's just trying to smile in front of me but I know that Alex not liking him is bothering him inside. Well, I'd be really sad and bothered too if I found out that at least one member of his family doesn't like me. Wait, about that, I know that Ian's family likes me but that's before. I've never got the chance to ask him about what they think of me now. I immediately shrugged the thought out of my mind. Now is not the time for that and I'm not sure if I want to know the answer to that question yet.

"Tell me" I said, as soon as I remembered about the 'unless he puts a ring on your finger part'. I hope that's not what's bothering him. A big part of me is hoping that he didn't hear it.

"Just the 'you deserved so much better' part" He said sadly. Crap that must have hurt him so bad.

"That's all?" I asked him, still overthinking that he must have heard the part that I didn't want him to hear.

"Yep" He said. I was flushed with relief. Thank God.

"As soon as I heard you and your brother having a commotion about me, I immediately went upstairs because I figured I don't want to hear it." He explained. I'm glad he didn't hear everything. I'm afraid of what's he's going to do after my brother left. Will he leave me? Is he going to ask me for some space? I must be delusional, Ian would never do that.